Thermal paste won't come off GPU

Yes

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Pretty normal for thermal paste to stick to things sometimes, you can try some IPA and maybe thatll dissolve it, otherwise mostly not an issue and you can repaste

Ive gotten to where I use soft bristle toothbrushes gently and alcohol.  Like the cheap toothbrushes you get dentist?  Great for cleaning parts.

1 hour ago, OhioYJ said:

Ive gotten to where I use soft bristle toothbrushes gently and alcohol.  Like the cheap toothbrushes you get dentist?  Great for cleaning parts.

I would not recommend that at all, small SMD parts are very easy to rip off and cleaning it all off has no benefit at all.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

1 hour ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

I would not recommend that at all, small SMD parts are very easy to rip off and cleaning it all off has no benefit at all.

Umm... you should not be scrubbing these parts, I did say gently. I do surface mount soldering, and I use this myself to clean flux off boards. I've even used this technique to get thermal paste out of CPU pins. Again, soft very soft bristle brush, common sense, and be very gentle.

If you have parts flying off boards, either you are being way too aggressive, or they weren't properly soldered to begin with. Might not be for everyone, but works well for me.

30 minutes ago, OhioYJ said:

I did say gently.

Cheap soft tooth brushes are cool because you can change the head angle with judicious use of a cigarette lighter, use a stanley knife/pliers to remove as many bristles as you don't need, you can make a "cleaning multitool kit" very cheaply/easily, plus they last longer and don't leave bits behind like cotton buds on sticks, and can survive the dishwasher if they get too dirty...

I've used an old toothbrush very gently and even gave a bath to my gpu in isopropyl alcohol (in a big cooking pot) - it worked like a charm, though I suppose there is always some risk.

EDIT:

Just one question (I've actually made it part of a new thread here, but wanted to make sure, hope it's ok to ask here) - the rows of little silvery thingies around the chip, they are meant to be thermal pasted too right? Jesus, I left mine clean 😞