Color Accurate monitor buying help

ImServs
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

Get a >$300 Nano-IPS monitor and the also get an i1Display Pro or ColorMunki Display to calibrate it yourself. Results will be better than any factory calibration $500 will bring you.

Dell S2721DGF, LG 27GL850-B, LG 27GN850-B regularly sell for under $300.

If you only want 60Hz because you don't game on it, then get a 4K option like the LG 27UP600-W, the LG 27UP650-W if you need HDR support, and the LG 27UP850-W if you need USB-C power delivery.

I am looking for a monitor for color sensitive Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop work and i need help finding good options.

I need:

• 27in
  • 2560x1440 (2K)
  • $500 USD Max
  • IPS Panel
  • 100% sRGB and/or 95% DCI-P3

What would be some good options?

I dont know if these are still used,, but on the list would be a color puck.  It’s a thing, sometimes with a clear suction cup, that reads the specific color of the monitor.  I’ve seen one monitor with one built in.  It looked a bit like a windshield wiper.  You may have to do without the tool of fine gradation though if you’re doing stuff for websites.  The thing is that it will be looked at with random monitors and all those monitors will have their own cast so it is to some degree a hopeless problem. The standard move is to plan for the concept that colors used will only have so-so accuracy. Print is different in that the final output can be controlled, but there the output is the press.  Used to be people would calibrate their monitors as mangy as several times a day as the outdoor light changed.  Light would stream in from their windows and alter the visible color.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Get a >$300 Nano-IPS monitor and the also get an i1Display Pro or ColorMunki Display to calibrate it yourself. Results will be better than any factory calibration $500 will bring you.

Dell S2721DGF, LG 27GL850-B, LG 27GN850-B regularly sell for under $300.

If you only want 60Hz because you don't game on it, then get a 4K option like the LG 27UP600-W, the LG 27UP650-W if you need HDR support, and the LG 27UP850-W if you need USB-C power delivery.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.