intel i 5 10300 h thermal throttle temp changing

i want my laptops cpu thermal throttle at 85 degree celcius instead of 95 degree how to change to 85

1 hour ago, kingash44 said:

i want my laptops cpu thermal throttle at 85 degree celcius instead of 95 degree how to change to 85

Why would you want to do that? Your CPU is perfectly confortable at 95°C. If you set it to already throttle at 85°C, you'll lose a lot of performance. I couldn't find any setting in the bios of my laptop running a 10750H that starts backing down its boost at 95°C. It's not thermal throttling, it's just pulling back the boost power in order not to thermal throttle. It is very likely not possible to change this, probably because you don't need to. You maybe gain a year of lifespan, but CPUs last way longer than you keep your laptop anyways so adding another year to its lifespan doesn't make any sense

On 5/20/2022 at 6:58 AM, DreamCat04 said:

Why would you want to do that? Your CPU is perfectly confortable at 95°C. If you set it to already throttle at 85°C, you'll lose a lot of performance. I couldn't find any setting in the bios of my laptop running a 10750H that starts backing down its boost at 95°C. It's not thermal throttling, it's just pulling back the boost power in order not to thermal throttle. It is very likely not possible to change this, probably because you don't need to. You maybe gain a year of lifespan, but CPUs last way longer than you keep your laptop anyways so adding another year to its lifespan doesn't make any sense

But it reports at HWinfo thermal throttling?

14 hours ago, MangaTech said:

But it reports at HWinfo thermal throttling?

Yeah it does say that. But it barely throttles, it's not noticeable. These laptops are designed to run at their thermal limit because if they weren't, anyone could say that they're leaving performance on the table because there's still thermal headroom