Ethernet port on my build is not working (all drivers up to date, controllers are ON, no ISP filters or restrictions, cables proved working)

Hey, so I am kinda new to this forum, so correct me if I am posting on the wrong Topic.

Specs:

• Ryzen 7 5800x
  • Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi (the new one)
  • Gigabyte B550 AORUS Pro v2 (the old one)
  • Crucial Ballistix 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200
  • be quiet! Straight Power 11 750w

My Ethernet port is not working. I tried on both official and custom builds of Windows 10 running almost all the latest updates, latest drivers for chipset, LAN controllers, BIOS, etc.
I am getting the signal from the wall, and the output is 100% working, as my previous working computer (W10), and my really old family laptop (W7) were connecting just fine.

No, the lights on the PC Ethernet port don't blink. Yes, I tried clean-flashing the drivers. And the only information I can get from the Windows itself is "an ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends". 
I thought that it was a motherboard issue, so I just bought the new one. And fortunately, this one has Wi-Fi, but you know, I want to go with wired connection.

Other devices in our home are working: the TV and others.

I have no bent pins on the CPU, the motherboard shows no errors during the boot, BIOS settings are OK, so all the network adapters are ON and working.

I also tried pinging 2 PCs between each other, and the signal wasn't coming through. That was on the OLD motherboard (which is like 2 month old, lying in the box, and I can't do the same test now).

I don't know what to do now, as I tried almost everything out there on the internet, and it's still not working.

*let me know if you need any additional information about my system and connection.

photo_2022-05-18_17-46-15.jpg

photo_2022-05-18_17-46-27.jpg

photo_2022-05-18_17-46-39.jpg

photo_2022-05-18_17-46-43.jpg

photo_2022-05-18_17-46-47.jpg

photo_2022-05-18_17-46-50.jpg

photo_2022-05-18_17-46-53.jpg

Maybe its as simple as the cable being faulty? Can you try another?

Check he port itself if there is no dust or other crap inside, and that the pins are still straight. (Should be 8 of them).

You mentioned the lights on the switch side, but if no leds (if present) light up at the computer side it would most likely never work.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

I'm not saying it's just the switches fault but that switch is ancient. 10/100 is really really old. 

First things first get a new switch. 

Secondly have you tried different Ethernet cables ? 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

Just now, Hayabusa1989 said:

I'm not saying it's just the switches fault but that switch is ancient. 10/100 is really really old. 

First things first get a new switch. 

Secondly have you tried different Ethernet cables ? 

I agree  on it being old not even having gigabit speeds.

It should however not make it not work because of those speeds.

If you have another ethernet device, just connect it to your PC and see if you see any connection light on either of them. If not, you might have a defective motherboard.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

If you have another ethernet device, just connect it to your PC and see if you see any connection light on either of them. If not, you might have a defective motherboard.

while true, they have used 2 motherboards thus far. 

Chicken Nuggets

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - Custom Loop | Motherboard -  MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM - Mushkin Redline (2x4GB) 2400Mhz   Graphics Card - GTX Titan X(Maxwell)  | Power Supply - Super Flower 80+ Gold 650w Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 256gb + 750 Seagate Hybrid + 1TB WD Green + Raid 0 4X500GB + Raid 1 500GB HDD Case - HAF-X | Colour Theme - Orange & Black | Monitor - ACER Predator x34 Overclock to 100hz

1 minute ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

while true, they have used 2 motherboards thus far. 

my bad missed that part in the word salad.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Maybe its as simple as the cable being faulty? Can you try another?

Check he port itself if there is no dust or other crap inside, and that the pins are still straight. (Should be 8 of them).

You mentioned the lights on the switch side, but if no leds (if present) light up at the computer side it would most likely never work.

There is no dust on the ports, the cable works on other devices (actually, I tried with 2 different ones). I took a photo of the switch before connecting it to my PC, so that's my bad, they're still OFF for some reason. Lemme try a different cable. I also tried different ports on my motherboard (the 2.5G and the other one)

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

I agree  on it being old not even having gigabit speeds.

It should however not make it not work because of those speeds.

You'd be surprised I've seen really old switches do some weird shit like "i'll only accept devices that have previously be plugged in because I am dying" 

Had that on a dell 48 port managed switch a few years ago. 

Chicken Nuggets

My dad bought this switch USED from someone, but it works on the TV (with 4K videos and other stuff). And my Internet should be 100mbps

2 minutes ago, st0ppie said:

There is no dust on the ports, the cable works on other devices (actually, I tried with 2 different ones). I took a photo of the switch before connecting it to my PC, so that's my bad, they're still OFF for some reason. Lemme try a different cable. I also tried different ports on my motherboard (the 2.5G and the other one)

Can you try another port on the switch?
Maybe try a known working port?

We just have to narrow down what the actual culprit is, before we can work on a fix. 🙂

4 minutes ago, st0ppie said:

My dad bought this switch USED from someone, but it works on the TV (with 4K videos and other stuff). And my Internet should be 100mbps

as mentioned previously by @Leventyou should try connecting another device directly to your machine, I honestly am leaning towards the switch just due to it's age. 10/100's are from the 90's or early 2000s generally. 

Chicken Nuggets

Just now, HanZie82 said:

Can you try another port on the switch?
Maybe try a known working port?

We just have to narrow down what the actual culprit is, before we can work on a fix. 🙂

Sure, I just connected it to another port on the switch, and still nothing. Plugging in another cable to my PC, and the lights are still OFF.

I understand that this switch is really old, but I am not sure if that is the main issue here...

10 minutes ago, st0ppie said:

I understand that this switch is really old, but I am not sure if that is the main issue here...

Yeah totally get that 👍

But it would definitely help eliminate that if you plugged say a laptop into your PC directly and tested to see if at least the ports on both flash. 

Chicken Nuggets

Just now, Hayabusa1989 said:

Yeah totally get that 👍

But it would definitely help eliminate that if you plugged say a laptop into your PC directly and tested to see if at least the ports on both flash. 

Sure, I will check it today. I will also browse to buy a new switch, it's not a money issue if it's worth doing.
I will also invite my friend to look at the switch, cables, etc. We will check everything with the tester to check if is there's anything damaged or broken.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction (I really hope so, xD) and I will keep you updated on Friday (possibly)
And if needed, he will come to my home to test everything here directly. That should be on Sunday.

Yeah please do, Hoping it works out for you. Sorry for the relatively lame answer, it's just from experience with older switches I've had in previous roles. 

Chicken Nuggets

13 minutes ago, Hayabusa1989 said:

Sorry for the relatively lame answer, it's just from experience with older switches I've had in previous roles. 

That's fine, don't worry 😉 at least your responses were VERY QUICK. Appreciate that!

1 hour ago, st0ppie said:

That's fine, don't worry 😉 at least your responses were VERY QUICK. Appreciate that!

Waht are you saying, i wasnt quick enough. 😛 I joke.
But lets hope its indeed the switch or cable, those are easier and cheaper to  replace then a motherboard.
(but also there's USB ethernet devices).