Graphics Card turns itself off while gaming. Urgent.

StixuYT
3 minutes ago, StixuYT said:

I connected the other PSU's PCI-E 6pin connector to my GPU while my PSU's PCI-E connector is on at the same time and it currently works, I'll update after 10 mins of playtime, if it crashes.

Yeah...It crashed even when using the necessary draw power from the PSU, so...therefore the issue is not PSU related..my guess remains that the thermal pads need to be replaced

So, should I stick with the idea that the thermal pads are the problem here?

23 hours ago, StixuYT said:

So, should I stick with the idea that the thermal pads are the problem here?

Yeah, but also you used two PSUs, I don't know how that could affect things. Close enough to replace the thermal pads. Can you take off the cooler and post a picture of the cooler and the bare card? 

On 5/17/2022 at 9:03 PM, DANK_AS_gay said:

Yeah, but also you used two PSUs, I don't know how that could affect things. Close enough to replace the thermal pads. Can you take off the cooler and post a picture of the cooler and the bare card? 

Sorry for replying late, had some issues regarding my free time, it's kind of a hassle to remove the cooler on this card, everything falls apart when doing so(the fan from the cooler especially), making it kind of hard to put everything back on, but I do have some pictures from the day I changed thermal paste(back in 2021 when the card was hitting 100°C) it is kind of hard to see the card itself because I didn't do any close-ups back then. I will try taking the cooler off now. Also, can you tell me where the thermal pads are? I really cannot tell from this picture.

7d2fdee0-7ff8-4299-a166-b3542520200f.jpg

8179438c-7276-4504-8d66-602ef36f8017.jpg

56 minutes ago, StixuYT said:

Sorry for replying late, had some issues regarding my free time, it's kind of a hassle to remove the cooler on this card, everything falls apart when doing so(the fan from the cooler especially), making it kind of hard to put everything back on, but I do have some pictures from the day I changed thermal paste(back in 2021 when the card was hitting 100°C) it is kind of hard to see the card itself because I didn't do any close-ups back then. I will try taking the cooler off now. Also, can you tell me where the thermal pads are? I really cannot tell from this picture.

There are no thermal pads. That is probably your issue. They are usually on the VRAM chips surrounding the GPU die in the middle, as well as various other components. there are supposed to be thermal pads, the previous owner may have used a watercooling block, and then just found a cooler that fit the card to replace the block. When you get the time, try out the thermal pads, (place them on the black rectangular chips around the main silver die, so that they touch the cooler). You may need 2mm pads, maybe 3mm.

I found a listing for a dead version of this card, you can take the cooler off of it and put it on yours, as it is an EVGA version.

1 hour ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

There are no thermal pads. That is probably your issue. They are usually on the VRAM chips surrounding the GPU die in the middle, as well as various other components. there are supposed to be thermal pads, the previous owner may have used a watercooling block, and then just found a cooler that fit the card to replace the block. When you get the time, try out the thermal pads, (place them on the black rectangular chips around the main silver die, so that they touch the cooler). You may need 2mm pads, maybe 3mm.

I found a listing for a dead version of this card, you can take the cooler off of it and put it on yours, as it is an EVGA version.

Ooh, this is actually making sense, especially why the cooler is weird, I have also searched on google on the stock Nvidia cooler and it is not the same, the Nvidia original cooler doesn't say "Nvidia" on the fan, it is just a flower style pattern, this cooler is very weird.
Also, about that listing, it is on eBay on USA Market, I live in EU(Romania to be exact) but I will try and find thermal pads around here, shouldn't be too hard