My account was hacked and I got banned.

ItsOneMinus

So my account was hacked. And it sent a phising message about free nitro. I contacted the reddit mods for help but they said ask forums. So how can I contact the mods so I can join backing the server?

Are you talking about the LTT discord?

Nobody here can help you. The forum staff are not discord staff.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Yes its about the discord server. The reddit mods told me to post it here

3 minutes ago, ItsOneMinus said:

Yes its about the discord server. The reddit mods told me to post it here

The Reddit mods are wrong. The forum mods are not affiliated with the Discord server. You'll have to contact the Discord Server moderation team directly through their own channels.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

15 minutes ago, ItsOneMinus said:

But how do I do that?

You probably can't, unless you're in another server with them. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 hours ago, ItsOneMinus said:

But how do I do that?

As mentioned before, each platform (Reddit, Forum, and Discord) is managed by their own respective teams. Which means us Forum folks generally wouldn't know how to contact the moderation teams for the Reddit and Discord side. My best suggestion is that you reply back to the bot or individual who delivered you the news that you have been banned and explain the situation to them. Can't say more than that. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

is anyone else getting really strong deja vu?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

Just now, SimplyChunk said:

is anyone else getting really strong deja vu?

Not really deja vu since it's expected for people who have LTT Discord Server issues to flock over to the forums for help. To which it's the same answer every time. 

7 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Not really deja vu since it's expected for people who have LTT Discord Server issues to flock over to the forums for help. To which it's the same answer every time. 

Surprised there's not a line of communication between the three mod teams though.

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

10 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

Surprised there's not a line of communication between the three mod teams though.

IIRC the Discord is the "why do we have that" community. I thought Linus was/is against it. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

16 minutes ago, SimplyChunk said:

Well considering each platform is made as their own separate entity, I'm not surprised. If they did have a line of communication between the three platforms, each mod would essentially have to commit to moderating all three platforms. Otherwise making that line of communication would just be pointless and add to everyone's workload. Basically just forwarding moderation appeals back and forth. Not a great use of time. 

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

IIRC the Discord is the "why do we have that" community. I thought Linus was/is against it. 

He was against it as far as I know. It was mainly Jake who shoehorned the project. And it seems he's checked out for the most part as well by know. It's a ship left with no real direction or purpose now. The forum is essentially the only place they commit time to and well... we know even then it's pretty minimal on their part. 

19 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Well considering each platform is made as their own separate entity, I'm not surprised. If they did have a line of communication between the three platforms, each mod would essentially have to commit to moderating all three platforms. Otherwise making that line of communication would just be pointless and add to everyone's workload. Basically just forwarding moderation appeals back and forth. Not a great use of time. 

He was against it as far as I know. It was mainly Jake who shoehorned the project. And it seems he's checked out for the most part as well by know. It's a ship left with no real direction or purpose now. The forum is essentially the only place they commit time to and well... we know even then it's pretty minimal on their part. 

Yup, just basically one mod with a god complex and a bot that hates common words like virgin and daddy, lol, it's a crap show these days 😞

There might be other mods but I never see them.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I love the Discord. Pilot chat especially is amazing. I've met some amazing people there. I think everything has a place. I like the forum and the discord. The Discord itself is not bad. It just needs new  mods who embody the LTT culture.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

With how many posts we get here about the Discord, i' surprised people use it, and when they get banned, WANT to keep use it, despite being banned whether legitimately or not.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I gave up on the LTT discord a couple years ago. It was obvious nobody from LTT gave a shit about it and the moderation was totally inadequate. Obvious trolls and catfish would be allowed to hang around derailing every discussion for weeks. On some occasions when some kid would freak out and start flaming one of the mods would finally arrive after like 20 people had tagged them to wake up (because they would never participate or seemingly even look at what was going on despite several always being online) they would cluelessly ban the wrong person without bothering to understand what was happening. For a while the discord was closed to new members entirely because they didn't have enough mods, supposedly, and then we got a thread or 2 every week here on the forums about that. At some point they opened it back up but it doesn't sound like things have improved. The discord is a blight on the LTT brand and if they won't take responsibility for making it decent they should get rid of it.

13 hours ago, Middcore said:

I gave up on the LTT discord a couple years ago. It was obvious nobody from LTT gave a shit about it and the moderation was totally inadequate. Obvious trolls and catfish would be allowed to hang around derailing every discussion for weeks. On some occasions when some kid would freak out and start flaming one of the mods would finally arrive after like 20 people had tagged them to wake up (because they would never participate or seemingly even look at what was going on despite several always being online) they would cluelessly ban the wrong person without bothering to understand what was happening. For a while the discord was closed to new members entirely because they didn't have enough mods, supposedly, and then we got a thread or 2 every week here on the forums about that. At some point they opened it back up but it doesn't sound like things have improved. The discord is a blight on the LTT brand and if they won't take responsibility for making it decent they should get rid of it.

have you considered your opinion of the discord is possibly out of date?

cuz very little of what you're talking about I've noticed.

On 5/13/2022 at 3:39 PM, ItsOneMinus said:

So my account was hacked.

Out of curiosity, did you fall for one of the phishing scams?

We've seen a huge uptick in compromised accounts in the community I help administer and, despite being a partnered server with a fair amount of members, Discord has basically be totally useless and we've had to code our own bots to deal with the situation (and they've actually done a lot to help, although the scammers are getting smarter and have started to move to DMs since more servers have started to flag their messages).

The Potato Box:

AMD 5950X

EVGA K|NGP|N 3090

128GB 3600 CL16 RAM

The Scrapyard Warrior:

AMD 3950x

EVGA FTW3 2080Ti

64GB 3200 CL16 RAM

On 5/17/2022 at 10:49 PM, tkitch said:

have you considered your opinion of the discord is possibly out of date?

cuz very little of what you're talking about I've noticed.

That's what I've seen for a long time. I barely talk there, but I have several mutes from there because a mod came in and didn't care to learn the situation.

elephants