Idk what im doing, first pc build, idk much about stuff....maybe a little but not like alot alot ....you know???

Budget (including currency): $3000-ish 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  

• It's for work; I'm a graphic designer, photoshop & illustrator,
  • I would also like to game, elden ring, warzone, AAA games, all the good stuff
  • I make music, so I need lots of RAM.

Other details peripherals are not needed

I'm trying to build my first pc. I'm trying to get a second opinion on the list, as it was by someone else.

PS. not a HUGE fan of the case but that's whatever. I can just buy one at micro center right??

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/ZLJBLs

It's a pretty good rig. There are a couple things I'd change, but they aren't necessary.

1. Go for a cheaper motherboard, the Gigabyte B660 Gaming X has basically the same features but is a bit cheaper.
  2. I'd go for a cheaper cooler, the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 is less than half the price and will perform pretty similar. The mounting hardware is a little worse but it's still very manageable. 
  3. Any reason in particular you're going 2 different SSDs? You're probably better off going single 4TB gen 3 drive or get a 2TB Gen 4 drive depending on if music production benefits from the extra bandwidth of Gen 4 (I don't believe it does, but I'm not sure enough to say). If you're buying it for desktop use you won't notice a difference between gen 3 and Gen 4 (odds are you won't notice a difference between Gen 4 and SATA), and if you were buying it for gaming, direct storage doesn't exist in any games and likely won't for 2-3 years at the earliest and the difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4 is very minimal. 
  4. I would get a different case. Meshify 2 is a decent option, P400A is good as well, if you wanna stick with be quiet! the Silent Base 802 is good option, same with the 500DX. The Corsair 4000D Airflow is pretty good as well. You just wanna make sure you get a case with some airflow, the components you're running output a ton of heat and need a case that can dissipate that heat. 

2 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

It's a pretty good rig. There are a couple things I'd change, but they aren't necessary.

1. Go for a cheaper motherboard, the Gigabyte B660 Gaming X has basically the same features but is a bit cheaper.
  2. I'd go for a cheaper cooler, the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 is less than half the price and will perform pretty similar. The mounting hardware is a little worse but it's still very manageable. 
  3. Any reason in particular you're going 2 different SSDs? You're probably better off going single 4TB gen 3 drive or get a 2TB Gen 4 drive depending on if music production benefits from the extra bandwidth of Gen 4 (I don't believe it does, but I'm not sure enough to say). If you're buying it for desktop use you won't notice a difference between gen 3 and Gen 4 (odds are you won't notice a difference between Gen 4 and SATA), and if you were buying it for gaming, direct storage doesn't exist in any games and likely won't for 2-3 years at the earliest and the difference between Gen 3 and Gen 4 is very minimal. 
  4. I would get a different case. Meshify 2 is a decent option, P400A is good as well, if you wanna stick with be quiet! the Silent Base 802 is good option, same with the 500DX. The Corsair 4000D Airflow is pretty good as well. You just wanna make sure you get a case with some airflow, the components you're running output a ton of heat and need a case that can dissipate that heat. 

4TB SSDs tend to be quite a bit more expensive than 2TB or 1TB ones in terms of price/GB according to pcpartpicker. However, just from a file management perspective alone, I'd agree with you here, since it takes some dedication to actually use all the drives appropriately and not just dump everything on the quick boot drive.

I'd suggest a less expensive motherboard, memory with better timings, all NVMe storage, and a nice case that is relatively quiet with excellent airflow.

If budget is a concern, consider an RTX 3080. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-12900 2.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($508.99 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($89.90 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B660-A DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($289.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power XS70 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: ADATA XPG SX8100 4 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($379.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: *Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB GAMING OC Video Card  ($1199.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case  ($107.89 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Phanteks AMP 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($159.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3006.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-05-06 20:28 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.