Can I buy any router and use it as an access point?

DanWhite
5 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

Like this one, thats my question basically, thank you in advance

The manual seems to say that it can run in AP operation mode.

1 minute ago, Falcon1986 said:

The manual seems to say that it can run in AP operation mode.

Right I just wanted to ask anyway, and also I should buy this model instead no? it seems to be a newer model and its 4 dollars more 

Generally yes if it’s a wifi router.  Access point is an 802.11 term which is more less equivalent to switching router. A router goes between LANs whereas a switch doesn’t.  A switching router is a switch with a router jack.  They make ethernet routers that have no wifi and therefore cannot be access points though.  I haven’t looked at your example though because I try not to click on links on the internet.  If it’s got both antennas and 5 ports on the back with one separated from the others (so a 4 port switching router) I would be very surprised if it wasn’t a full WAP.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Generally yes if it’s a wifi router.  Access point is an 802.11 term which is more less equivalent to switching router. A router goes between LANs whereas a switch doesn’t.  They make ethernet routers that have no wifi and therefore cannot be access points though.  I haven’t looked at your example though because I try not to click on links on the internet.  If it’s got both antennas and 5 ports on the back with one separated from the others I would be very surprised if it wasn’t a full WAP.

its the tp-link archer c20 i edited it

2 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

its the tp-link archer c20 i edited it

Cool.  Thanks.  Yep.  That looks like a WAP to me.  The blue socket looks like the bit that goes to your isp.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Cool.  Thanks.  Yep.  That looks like a WAP to me.  The blue socket looks like the bit that goes to your isp.

yes, I made a new post as well I don't know if you could help me there