I Hate It When He's Right...

jakkuh_t
9 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Not really a recommendation to Linus but it would be awesome if they could get Flock Sheets for the wall.  It literally absorbs about 99.9% of visible light (compared to 90% of black paint).

https://www.ko-pro.black/flocksheet/

Like could have it lined the walls, or potentially sewed into drapes.  With it at 99.9% absorption it doesn't matter if there are a few wrinkles in it...since you won't be able to see it very well anyways.  Just a food for thought.  It would make it a really entertaining video seeing Linus playing around with this kind of material.  With the concept that you could setup as a drape, which effectively can be all pushed into a corner when you are done (that way you can have white walls or other coloured walls when not in use)...and when it's time for movies or to use the projector just dragging the curtain around the room (assuming it's on rails) and now you have pretty much a  black room (excluding the carpet and ceiling)...but that should be more than enough to make most of the room feel like a dark room.

I mean you could do things like this
https://www.amazon.ca/UrbanRed-5M-Ceiling-Curtain-Track/dp/B07Q7VSVBY
Just spitballing though...I mean if going extreme, might as well go very extreme with the "darkest room that you can't see"  Bonus points if painting the roof with Musou Black paint.

Regarding more of the video, it's nice seeing projectors still evolving.  I purchased a refurbished Epson (at like 75% off) and was really happy with it (specifically chose a 3 LCD version due to being able to see the rainbow effect sadly on most other projectors...and even on Plasma TV's I was able to see it).

I would actually recommend acoustic foam.  Black acoustic foam will absorb pretty much all you need--and it will also keep you from annoying everyone in the house with the noise.

1 minute ago, IPD said:

I would actually recommend acoustic foam.  Black acoustic foam will absorb pretty much all you need--and it will also keep you from annoying everyone in the house with the noise.

It would depend how much of a black room you want though.  If the goal is to have extremely high contrast, and the foam is likely still reflecting a lot of light.  Like don't get me wrong, it still would be black and not reflect back tons...but if you have a super bright projector things that look black still have a tendency to reflect back a surprisingly large amount of the light

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

42 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

It would depend how much of a black room you want though.  If the goal is to have extremely high contrast, and the foam is likely still reflecting a lot of light.  Like don't get me wrong, it still would be black and not reflect back tons...but if you have a super bright projector things that look black still have a tendency to reflect back a surprisingly large amount of the light

I would argue that the money would be better spent on getting a better screen--where splash becomes almost irrelevant.

https://www.screeninnovations.com/materials/black-diamond/

Does anyone know what they're talking about at around 6:20, right after Linus measures the display size? Linus says something like "It looks so much pinner now 😢" (????) and Jake says, "Look at it this way; if you had a TV, it would've been here 🤙"

Wtf are they saying

2 hours ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

Does anyone know what they're talking about at around 6:20, right after Linus measures the display size? Linus says something like "It looks so much pinner now 😢" (????) and Jake says, "Look at it this way; if you had a TV, it would've been here 🤙"

Wtf are they saying

I think this is the gist of it:

Linus: "Aw, the picture looks so small now that I've seen it fill the wall."

Jake: "If you got a TV, the picture would've been even smaller than that."

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:04 AM, manikyath said:

it's apparently called an "automatic door bottom"

https://www.tmhardware.com/Automatic-Door-Bottoms/

https://acousticalsolutions.com/product/automatic-door-bottom/

bonus tip for facility managers: install these on all doors that have a key or badge reader on the outside, but just a regular handle on the inside, these annoy the crap out of people using under-door covert entry methods 😄

Thanks so much, now that I know the term I can search other sources.