Best budget monitor?

Go to solution Solved by LTTFan16538228,

Try looking in thrift shops, as they can sell really cheap TV's, and you seem to be from the UK so there should be some thrift shops around you. But the second best option for you is to go onto Facebook Marketplace and look there. Always type the model numbers of the monitors into Google to see specs. Hope this helps!

Try looking in thrift shops, as they can sell really cheap TV's, and you seem to be from the UK so there should be some thrift shops around you. But the second best option for you is to go onto Facebook Marketplace and look there. Always type the model numbers of the monitors into Google to see specs. Hope this helps!

8 minutes ago, Zuhyy6 said:

Does anybody know any good 1080p gaming/office monitors that actually look good, like frameless ones, but are under £75 GBP ($100 USD)? (doesnt matter if its used or not)

The only one I have found is a used piXL 21.5" LED Widescreen VGA 5ms Monitor. Link: https://www.awd-it.co.uk/clearance-pixl-21-5-led-widescreen-vga-5ms-monitor.html

Your only criteria besides price is the physical design of the monitor? You should give a lot more thought to getting the best value for your money in terms of the actual screen quality, IMO. That piece of junk is VGA only which is just ridiculous in 2022, panel type isn't even specified but probably TN with horrifically bad colors.

You're simply not going to get anything decent new on that budget. If you absolutely can't spend more, then your hope would be local secondhand marketplaces. 

If you could up your budget to £105 you could get this, which has a modern "frameless" design, an IPS panel that will certainly have much better brightness and color accuracy, and an HDMI port: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/PwtQzy/asus-vz229he-215-1920x1080-60-hz-monitor-90lm02p0-b016b0 

£140 would get you up to a 24" class IPS display with 75hz refresh (a nice little boost for gaming) and a better stand with VESA mount compatibility so you could still easily use it as a secondary display when you replace it with something better down the line: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/6QkgXL/asus-va24dq-238-1920x1080-75-hz-monitor-va24dq

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

17 minutes ago, Zuhyy6 said:

Does anybody know any good 1080p gaming/office monitors that actually look good, like frameless ones, but are under £75 GBP ($100 USD)? (doesnt matter if its used or not)

The only one I have found is a used piXL 21.5" LED Widescreen VGA 5ms Monitor. Link: https://www.awd-it.co.uk/clearance-pixl-21-5-led-widescreen-vga-5ms-monitor.html

That is not enough of a budget for a decent monitor. I would look for used options 

CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D GPU- RTX 4070 SUPER FE MOBO-ASUS ROG Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi RAM-32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000cl30 STORAGE-2x1TB Seagate Firecuda 530 PCIE4 NVME PSU-Corsair RM1000x Shift COOLING-EK-AIO 360mm with 3x Lian Li P28 + 4 Lian Li TL120 (Intake) CASE-Phanteks NV5 MONITORS-ASUS ROG Strix XG27AQ 1440p 170hz+Gigabyte G24F 1080p 180hz PERIPHERALS-Lamzu Maya+ 4k Dongle+LGG Saturn Pro Mousepad+Nk65 Watermelon (Tangerine Switches)+Autonomous ErgoChair+ AUDIO-RODE NTH-100+Schiit Magni Heresy+Motu M2 Interface

I have bought Dell monitors refurbished for around 100EUR which were great and the cheap AOC panels are great and only around 140EUR new, so used should be very cheap.

I mean, you kinda just have to search on ebay for 1080 panels and then research the cheapest one you can find. variation even with one brands models is so high and we cant tell you what anyone is selling at the moment

I just did the same with a projector. I just searched local ebay and then picked the cheapes one with the best response times which was otherwise decent and the pulled the trigger.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

2 hours ago, Middcore said:

Your only criteria besides price is the physical design of the monitor? You should give a lot more thought to getting the best value for your money in terms of the actual screen quality, IMO. That piece of junk is VGA only which is just ridiculous in 2022, panel type isn't even specified but probably TN with horrifically bad colors.

You're simply not going to get anything decent new on that budget. If you absolutely can't spend more, then your hope would be local secondhand marketplaces. 

If you could up your budget to £105 you could get this, which has a modern "frameless" design, an IPS panel that will certainly have much better brightness and color accuracy, and an HDMI port: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/PwtQzy/asus-vz229he-215-1920x1080-60-hz-monitor-90lm02p0-b016b0 

£140 would get you up to a 24" class IPS display with 75hz refresh (a nice little boost for gaming) and a better stand with VESA mount compatibility so you could still easily use it as a secondary display when you replace it with something better down the line: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/6QkgXL/asus-va24dq-238-1920x1080-75-hz-monitor-va24dq

The design is only a preference, it isn't my only criteria. Of course I want the best value for money and best screen quality. And, no I cannot increase the budget.

2 hours ago, LTTFan16538228 said:

Thanks for the advice! I'll look into it.

5 hours ago, Middcore said:

I managed to find an Acer Nitro QG241Y 24" FHD LED Monitor for exactly £75 (my budget). Specs are:

1920x1080 @75hz

1ms response time

VGA, HDMI, 2x HDMI-in

VA Panel

Radeon FreeSync

LED Backlight

Link is: https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=smonaceqg241yb&categoryName=lcd-monitors&superCatName=electronics&title=acer-nitro-qg241y-24-fhd-led-gaming-monitor-b&referredFrom=boxsearch

2 minutes ago, Zuhyy6 said:

I managed to find an Acer Nitro QG241Y 24" FHD LED Monitor for exactly £75 (my budget). Specs are:

1920x1080 @75hz

1ms response time

VGA, HDMI, 2x HDMI-in

VA Panel

Radeon FreeSync

LED Backlight

Link is: https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id=smonaceqg241yb&categoryName=lcd-monitors&superCatName=electronics&title=acer-nitro-qg241y-24-fhd-led-gaming-monitor-b&referredFrom=boxsearch

Can't access that link. Isn't that CeX? So probably secondhand. Not bad specs for the price though if it's in good condition.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

4 minutes ago, Middcore said:

Can't access that link. Isn't that CeX? So probably secondhand. Not bad specs for the price though if it's in good condition.

Yeah it is CeX, but best I can do for that budget. It should be in good condition. if not, it does have a 2 year warranty.