Reliable. not messy and not too costly solution for the following house?

Filingo

I want to help a friend with fixing some networking issues he has.

I drew the house, very badly but it gives an idea of what it looks like:

image.thumb.png.92d587ce7cc342af11bd513b763f12c3.png

Currently the WIFI is in the network box in sort of the middle of the house, but the walls are thick, so the only place that gets good WIFI is the living room.

Every room has a conduit from the network box so it's possible to run a cable from the router to each room.

But wifi is also needed in the living room and also in room number 1 (which has basically no signal right now)

What's a good solution for wifi + ethernet in each room? And if possible not too messy? Because at first I was thinking about wiring the house in cat6, then from room 1 and living room, connect a switch which will both be plugged into devices that need cable and to a wifi mesh device, 

but it's quite messy (2 switches, 2 wifi mesh boxes, and also perhaps there's a lower cost solution)

*It would be ideal to have wifi in other rooms and the other side of the house as well (where I didn't mark the rooms with numbers)

Thanks!

I would say cable to each room and if possible a second wifi router for room 1. Too many corners and walls here for wifi extenders to be truly effective and you don't know what's in the walls either. If they are masonry or reinforced with steel, they will wreak havoc on wifi signal.

I don't badmouth others' input, I'd appreciate others not badmouthing mine. *** More below ***

MODERATE TO SEVERE AUTISTIC, COMPLICATED WITH COVID FOG

Due to the above, I've likely revised posts <30 min old, and do not think as you do.

THINK BEFORE YOU REPLY!

37 minutes ago, An0maly_76 said:

I would say cable to each room and if possible a second wifi router for room 1. Too many corners and walls here for wifi extenders to be truly effective and you don't know what's in the walls either. If they are masonry or reinforced with steel, they will wreak havoc on wifi signal.

The walls are bricks with some parts concrete with reinforced steel (The supporting walls of the building), they are indeed harsh on the wifi, that's why I was thinking a wifi mesh somewhere in the long hall for all the rooms, and one wifi mesh for the living room area.

What I don't know though is, do devices like the TP LInk Deco, which say they cover 5500 sq ft, and this house is at best 1300 sq ft, can two of these Decos be enough as I said? Or still, since it's conrete, it might not even work for short distances?

I remember I was working in a place with a single Ubiquiti satellite thing and it was quite powerful

6 hours ago, Filingo said:

The walls are bricks with some parts concrete with reinforced steel (The supporting walls of the building), they are indeed harsh on the wifi, that's why I was thinking a wifi mesh somewhere in the long hall for all the rooms, and one wifi mesh for the living room area.

What I don't know though is, do devices like the TP LInk Deco, which say they cover 5500 sq ft, and this house is at best 1300 sq ft, can two of these Decos be enough as I said? Or still, since it's conrete, it might not even work for short distances?

I remember I was working in a place with a single Ubiquiti satellite thing and it was quite powerful

If you're having problems getting WiFi over such a short distance to begin with, WiFi mesh wont work.

If you already have wired into the rooms, WiFi mesh is downright silly.

Mesh itself can still work for seamless roaming, but use wired backhaul to each unit.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 4/10/2022 at 3:20 PM, Filingo said:

I want to help a friend with fixing some networking issues he has.

I drew the house, very badly but it gives an idea of what it looks like:

-PIC-

Currently the WIFI is in the network box in sort of the middle of the house, but the walls are thick, so the only place that gets good WIFI is the living room.

Every room has a conduit from the network box so it's possible to run a cable from the router to each room.

But wifi is also needed in the living room and also in room number 1 (which has basically no signal right now)

What's a good solution for wifi + ethernet in each room? And if possible not too messy? Because at first I was thinking about wiring the house in cat6, then from room 1 and living room, connect a switch which will both be plugged into devices that need cable and to a wifi mesh device, 

but it's quite messy (2 switches, 2 wifi mesh boxes, and also perhaps there's a lower cost solution)

*It would be ideal to have wifi in other rooms and the other side of the house as well (where I didn't mark the rooms with numbers)

Thanks!

If you have the ability to run ethernet to each room I would configure an AP in the most used areas of the home. One AP to route around the corner to cover the living room area and the space to the left and two more let's say in room 1 and then room 3 if the signal in room 2 is still extremely poor then added an addition unit would be a good option. 

If you want to look at Ubiquiti they make the In wall HD or the wifi 6 in wall version for early access which are both an access point and a 4 port switch for wired devices. 

https://store.ui.com/products/unifi-in-wall-hd