Do you still use discs (CDs/DVDs/Blu-Rays/etc.)?

FRD

Do you still use any form of discs nowadays?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still use discs (including videogame discs)? Any type like CD/DVD/Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/Minidisc/UMD/etcetera

• Yes, I still use any kind of discs on daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis
    • No, I never use them (anymore)

yes I have to use the gta III/SA/IV cd/dvd's to play as I refuse to use nocd hacks. Also a 25-50 GB BD-r/+r is great for recovery media. and all three Vehicles use cd's loaded with mp3's  for when I get tired of  local radio or travelling through spotty reception areas.

On 4/22/2022 at 11:04 PM, Retro_R said:

Prob not as much as i used to, but yes! Some people still do use optical media, its not that weird (cough cough Linus). In fact, i upgraded the dvd drive in my pc to a bluray drive on christmas!

We all know Linus has pretty high standards. RTX 2000 cards are old and weak, a 24" monitor is too small and the list goes on...

4 hours ago, jewkesman said:

yes I have to use the gta III/SA/IV cd/dvd's to play as I refuse to use nocd hacks. Also a 25-50 GB BD-r/+r is great for recovery media. and all three Vehicles use cd's loaded with mp3's  for when I get tired of  local radio or travelling through spotty reception areas.

Same here, I disliked nocd hacks. I only used them unintentionally back then and I remember being surprised that my game started without asking for the cd.

BDs are pretty big in size, so good for recovery. I also used to burn CDs with MP3s back then, they could fit plenty for my liking.

Coincidentally, Linus just released a video yesterday discussing Blu-Ray playback quality. I wonder if this topic had some kind of inspiration for that video.
@LinusTech are you there?

i use cds and dvd once in a wile and sometime i even use floppy disks

Dual X5690 my beloved.

Yes, I still use CDs and DVDs for my old photo backups (it's like from 2005-2009) and movies. I actually need to transfer them to a hard disk soon 🙂. I believe that we will be using CDs for like 10 years time but I'm pretty sure they will be history since the new devices does not have CD roms in general as you know.

"People don't know what they want until you show it to them"
-Steve Jobs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X  | Motherboard: MSI B550M PRO-VDH WI-FI Micro ATX AM4 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3600 CL18 | GPU: MSI GeForce RTX3060 12GB | PSU: Corsair RM650 (2019) | Case: Corsair 275R Airflow ATX | Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 | SSD: Western Digital Blue SN550 1TB M.2 | Monitor: LG something