No fan headers on motherboard

Hi there, 

I had an old prebuilt lying around so i decided to take it apart and do a case swap and some upgrades. But the problem i've come across is that there are no fan headers on the motherboard from what i can see. This is my first time doing this so i am a bit lost. Am i wrong about no fan headers being on the motherboard or not? If im correct what could i do to get the fans working with that motherboard? 

Here are the specs:

Name : Acer Extensa M2610

CPU : i3 4th gen (cant remember exactly which model of the i3 it is but i know for sure its a 4th gen)

RAM : 4GB at 1600mhz 

MOBO : Acer H81H3 AM V1

New Case : Corsair 220T comes with 3 SP120 RGB fans (planning on getting 3 more of the same ones)

download.jfif download (1).jfif

If I had to just do a rough guess, I would assume the fans on the Acer were run directly via Molex, aka directly from the power supply. You would therefore have no way to connect them to the motherboard, unless you get some kind of fan hub/controller that connects to the motherboard via USB.

Remember, it's a prebuilt. Compatibility isn't guarranteed and it's likely you will need something else.

Honestly, I would just sell the prebuilt to begin with, and use the money from the case and the prebuilt to buy another one.

7 minutes ago, Zmimgo said:

If I had to just do a rough guess, I would assume the fans on the Acer were run directly via Molex, aka directly from the power supply. You would therefore have no way to connect them to the motherboard, unless you get some kind of fan hub/controller that connects to the motherboard via USB.

Remember, it's a prebuilt. Compatibility isn't guarranteed and it's likely you will need something else.

Honestly, I would just sell the prebuilt to begin with, and use the money from the case and the prebuilt to buy another one.

The psu is non modular and i dont think there were any fans to begin with on the prebuilt. I know i found it weird too but i couldnt find any. I dont want to sell it im sorry. I want to try fix the problem i dont know why but i just dont wanna let go of it yet. The case does come with fan hub but it has another connector and im not sure if that is supposed to go on the psu or motherboard. I will send the pic of the connector later as im not home atm. Is there any way i could get the fans working?

I attached a pic i found on google of the fan hub to this post

download (2).jfif

after downloading the files (you should upload supported pics btw) and looking, you have 2 fan headers one for CPU fan and one spare, this is common for many office PCs or just pre-builds in general

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

You have a fan header by the CPU socket (where the battery is)  and a 2nd fan header above the first pci-e x16 slot 

Circled them in red in the picture below.  Power supply seems standard atx to me. 

You have the board product model by the ram slots .. acer h81h3-am  and google says it was part of at least this Acer Veriton M2631G computer, so you could go to that computer's support page and look for bios updates and extra details about what's supported. H81 chipset, 4th gen Intel cpus... nothing special about the board.

image.png.07ffdd8e9bc7ece705f30315d574da53.png

On 4/5/2022 at 11:06 AM, Kanna said:

after downloading the files (you should upload supported pics btw) and looking, you have 2 fan headers one for CPU fan and one spare, this is common for many office PCs or just pre-builds in general

Oh sorry about that and thanks the fan works on that fan header!

On 4/5/2022 at 11:11 AM, mariushm said:

You have a fan header by the CPU socket (where the battery is)  and a 2nd fan header above the first pci-e x16 slot 

Circled them in red in the picture below.  Power supply seems standard atx to me. 

You have the board product model by the ram slots .. acer h81h3-am  and google says it was part of at least this Acer Veriton M2631G computer, so you could go to that computer's support page and look for bios updates and extra details about what's supported. H81 chipset, 4th gen Intel cpus... nothing special about the board.

image.png.07ffdd8e9bc7ece705f30315d574da53.png

Hey thanks for the help and suggestion! I have three fans on the case but I can only get one to work at the moment. Is it possible I could get a fan splitter and put it on the fan header and connect the rest of the fans on it? If yes could you send me a link to one?