Why do people hate 32 inch with 1080p

coollincolnboi
Go to solution Solved by coollincolnboi,
46 minutes ago, IPD said:

As others noted, not blurry--just pixelated.  I'm one of those people who can see separate colors on colored LED's if I stare at them from an oblique angle (eg. I can see separate red and blue phosphor, not just purple).

I firmly maintain that until your PPI surpasses 200, there is room for improvement.  Thus there is an unmitigated need for 8k displays.  Even a 27" @2160p is only 163 ppi.

Ok thank you so now I know it's not blurry or grainy it's the pixels witch are to big that when you go near it you can see the pixels witch is what you said (pixilated) 

Also nice writing lol I could not understand half of what your wrote lol ( I am 14) 

Btw I am talking about a lcd monitor but it would be the same thing that (1080p is not blurry) just pixels when you go close you can see them easily witch makes it (pixilated). But you can fix this if you sit like 4-5 feet away from the screen

6 hours ago, -rascal- said:

But that's the thing.

For TV's you are sitting on the couch or some distance away.

I have 1080p 46" Sony TV, and I sit 10 ~ 12 ft away...and it's not bad.

For a monitor, you are  typically 2 ~ 3 ft away.

I have a 1080p 31.5 inch monitor 240hz I don't see any blurry ness. I just see pixels when I go near it

Here is a person who reviewed the monitor I have and go to 5:07 you can see the monitor in a racing game

https://youtu.be/HgWQcJfQJY8

Tell me if it looks good because he said it looks good

2 hours ago, coollincolnboi said:

What do you mean it will look like Minecraft?

Idk, the pixels would be large and blocky, ig. But if you sit far from it, it might be fine.

4 hours ago, TudorF said:

Idk, the pixels would be large and blocky, ig. But if you sit far from it, it might be fine.

Yea you can see the pixels easily. I can agree with that but I don't think the image gets blurry or something

As others noted, not blurry--just pixelated.  I'm one of those people who can see separate colors on colored LED's if I stare at them from an oblique angle (eg. I can see separate red and blue phosphor, not just purple).

I firmly maintain that until your PPI surpasses 200, there is room for improvement.  Thus there is an unmitigated need for 8k displays.  Even a 27" @2160p is only 163 ppi.

46 minutes ago, IPD said:

Ok thank you so now I know it's not blurry or grainy it's the pixels witch are to big that when you go near it you can see the pixels witch is what you said (pixilated) 

Also nice writing lol I could not understand half of what your wrote lol ( I am 14) 

Btw I am talking about a lcd monitor but it would be the same thing that (1080p is not blurry) just pixels when you go close you can see them easily witch makes it (pixilated). But you can fix this if you sit like 4-5 feet away from the screen

On 4/2/2022 at 8:29 AM, SolarNova said:

Very much depends on the use case.

If ur sitting at a desk looking at a 32" screen just like u would a 24" screen, then ur likely to notice the grainy image due to the pixel density.

however if ur sitting further away you may not notice it as much. For example a 42" 1080p TV from 4-5' away wont look bad due to the PPI, but would still look bad  (vs 4k) when rendering at 1080p due to the aliasing present.

That said, running games at 1080p at any screen size is going to look rather aliased without good quality AA (which is rarely implemented nowadays) or running a DSR/SuperSampling or otherwise downsampling from a higher resolution.

Blurriness of 1080p on a larger screen is usually attributed to Anti Aliasing or Upscaling techniques being used. Without either there shouldnt be any soft focus / blurriness, but rather crisp obvious jaggies (aliasing) from the rendering resolution and pixilation from the low PPI.

Ok look at the solution. 1080p is not blurry on 31.5 inch

11 hours ago, coollincolnboi said:

Ok look at the solution. 1080p is not blurry on 31.5 inch

This is a subjective issue. You marking one post as the solution does not make it the final definitive word.

Some might describe the low pixel density as blurry. Others might use different words to explain why it doesn't look good unless you sit several feet away (in which case it's probably a better idea for most people to just buy a TV).

This thread reads like you want to convince yourself a 32" 1080p monitor is good enough and asking the same question over and over again not caring about any description of why most people think it looks like shit as long as they don't use the dreaded word "blurry."

"Is it blurry?"

"It made my eyes bleed. I had to go to an optometrist and get a medication I used for six weeks."

"OK cool as long as it's not blurry."

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

It's because the layperson has conflated these terms to equivalence--when they are distinct concepts.

"Blurry" means that the image appears out of focus.  Analogous to this is if you look through a mechanical viewfinder/lens/bionoculars, and adjust the manual focus to where the resultant image is no longer sharp.

"Pixelated" means that the smallest reference points of an object are visibly distinct from the adjacent reference points.  A good example of this is standing near to a Chuck Close painting.  Regardless of how "in or out of focus" the larger piece is--the individual "points" of his paintings are very much in focus and visibly distinct from each other (pixelated).  You can also see this if you stand up close to a  jumbotron.

Where it gets truly weird is if you have ever played older (say FPS) games in a lower resolution, and the pixelation and aliasing is pronounced.  Yet if you play the same game at high resolution, even with AA enabled, the image can seem too sharp.  I experienced this when playing half-life 1; where it felt more comfortable in 800x600 than it did in 1600x1200.  It didn't look as clear, but the increased resolution just made it readily apparent where the textures were really NOT up to snuff.

There was a time I had a 1440p and 1080p 27in monitor (secondary).  It was annoyingly bad.  I've had 4k and 1440p before and the difference isn't all that bad.  However if I use 1080p on a 17in laptop it is fine.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator