The influencer version and sold version of Redmi Note 11 pro+ 5G are very different

Shouldn't LMG know about this? When people search for reviews they come across a way better phone than they actually will get if they buy... Atleast in India.

Screenshot_20220330-184015_Firefox.thumb.jpg.a220cce2c87979942098c7070dc37c1a.jpg

By the way, Linus in Short Circuit called the phone to have 120W charging and a Dimensity 920.

The 920 is probably a better chip, especially for a gaming focused phone. And is different by quite a lot. Not like the difference between a 8 Gen 1 and an Exynos 2200. Where influencers still do tell consumers about that. And the 120W charging maybe a huge reason for a lot of people to buy this phone.

https://nanoreview.net/en/soc-compare/qualcomm-snapdragon-695-vs-mediatek-dimensity-920

The India version is the one that is different. Unless you're in India you probably will get the one with the MediaTek SOC and 120W charging.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_11_pro+_5g-11180.php

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_11_pro+_5g_(india)-11412.php

The name being the same is completely stupid though.

47 minutes ago, KaitouX said:

The India version is the one that is different. Unless you're in India you probably will get the one with the MediaTek SOC and 120W charging.

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_11_pro+_5g-11180.php

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_11_pro+_5g_(india)-11412.php

The name being the same is completely stupid though.

Samsung does the same tho. Same exact name, one has inferior Exynos 2200 and another has Snapdragon 8 Gen 1. Not cool, especially for casual users in Europe who watch all the cool influencers from USA and then buy device that's nothing like one reviewed. One would argue both are so powerful it doesn't matter, but it was proven several times Exynos throttles faster, has lower benchmark scores and also produces inferior photos because ISP in Exynos seems to have worse processing of photos. When phone starts at 1300€, it's just unforgivable to be inferior to same named model sold across the pond.

-> Moved to Phones and Tablets

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@RejZoR It doesn't really matter in flagship real world performance in the S22. Both the models have capped performance.

5 hours ago, Somekindahoooman said:

@RejZoR It doesn't really matter in flagship real world performance in the S22. Both the models have capped performance.

It's not just raw performance. Like I said, Exynos ISP dedicated to photo processing is also noticeably worse compared to one in Snapdragon version. Something no update can really change unlike GOS that can be. But they sell it like it's the same device.

On 3/30/2022 at 10:36 AM, RejZoR said:

l, especially for casual users in Europe who watch all the cool influencers from USA and then buy device that's nothing like one reviewed

Well part of the reason that is, Samsung has some agreements with Qualcomm I believe which requires them to use Qualcomm chips in NA. Also I dont know if Samsung has the radios in their Exynos chips FCC approved/licensed. Because America and red tape go hand and hand. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Well part of the reason that is, Samsung has some agreements with Qualcomm I believe which requires them to use Qualcomm chips in NA. Also I dont know if Samsung has the radios in their Exynos chips FCC approved/licensed. Because America and red tape go hand and hand. 

Nothing prevents them from also selling Snapdragon models in Europe. Literally entire world gets Snapdragon, just us Europeans get second tier Exynos. And we pay top prices for them just to be inferior to Snapdragon. If it was just raw performance, I could look past, but also getting worse photos, that's just unforgivable.

11 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Nothing prevents them from also selling Snapdragon models in Europe. Literally entire world gets Snapdragon, just us Europeans get second tier Exynos. And we pay top prices for them just to be inferior to Snapdragon. If it was just raw performance, I could look past, but also getting worse photos, that's just unforgivable.

Your right, they have nothing that prevents them from using Snapdragon in Europe. However, Exynos is their own CPU, which is probably cheaper for them to implement then paying Qualcomm what ever price they want for their chip. So Samsung has a financial reason for wanting to use Exynos. Im sure if they didnt have agreements with Qualcomm and had proper FCC licenses they would probably use it in NA. 

5 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Your right, they have nothing that prevents them from using Snapdragon in Europe. However, Exynos is their own CPU, which is probably cheaper for them to implement then paying Qualcomm what ever price they want for their chip. So Samsung has a financial reason for wanting to use Exynos. Im sure if they didnt have agreements with Qualcomm and had proper FCC licenses they would probably use it in NA. 

And European users have financial reasons not to buy the Exynos powered junk. I used to defend Samsung for Exynos 2100 because it wasn't "that" bad, but just screw them now as it's just not helping European consumers. They suck for giving us inferior product under same name for higher price. Because of this nonsense Galaxy S line entirely dropped from my "scope" of phone choice because I'm from Europe. Which means if I'll consider Samsung, it'll be something from A series which uses Snapdragon even in Europe. Well, it used to anyways, they are sticking more and more Exynos garbage in them too. Like the latest Galaxy A53 with Exynos 1280 which is worse than Snapdragon 778G in 1 year old Galaxy A52s. It's ridiculous. And they charge over 100€ more for it.

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

And European users have financial reasons not to buy the Exynos powered junk. I used to defend Samsung for Exynos 2100 because it wasn't "that" bad, but just screw them now as it's just not helping European consumers. They suck for giving us inferior product under same name for higher price. Because of this nonsense Galaxy S line entirely dropped from my "scope" of phone choice because I'm from Europe. Which means if I'll consider Samsung, it'll be something from A series which uses Snapdragon even in Europe. Well, it used to anyways, they are sticking more and more Exynos garbage in them too. Like the latest Galaxy A53 with Exynos 1280 which is worse than Snapdragon 778G in 1 year old Galaxy A52s. It's ridiculous. And they charge over 100€ more for it.

You have this attitude that Samsung has to kiss Europes ass. They don’t. If you don’t like the product, then don’t buy it. I haven’t touched a Samsung phone since the Samsung Moment. 3 or so years ago I switched to an iPhone as I was not happy with Android. There are other fish in the sea as they say, you just gotta find the right one. 

16 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

You have this attitude that Samsung has to kiss Europes ass. They don’t. If you don’t like the product, then don’t buy it. I haven’t touched a Samsung phone since the Samsung Moment. 3 or so years ago I switched to an iPhone as I was not happy with Android. There are other fish in the sea as they say, you just gotta find the right one. 

Other fish in the sea that are rotten and already stink while they are swimming around the market. What good is Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 when they all suck at software support? Literally all Android phone brands are total and utter garbage when it comes to long term software support and don't you dare bringing up Pixel phones with "5 years of updates". Google is even more incompetent than all the Chinese phone makers and they are the frigging Android makers themselves. It's just baffling to watch how Google is tripping and falling over most basic functionality which they need weeks and months to sort out. And their Tensor chipset is just renamed Exynos. It sort of works, but it's underwhelming. At least its ISP is good and they use it for entire world for Pixel 6 phones so there is no regional discrimination like with Galaxy S lineup. So it doesn't matter where you buy the Pixel 6, it'll be just as bad/good everywhere. Which can't be said for Galaxy S lineup.

Seems like I'll just stay with iPhone after all if Samsung doesn't change their dumb European policy on chipsets. At least Apple isn't discriminating entire continents on hardware side of things and their software support is just spectacular. Chance of me buying another Chinese phone (really, entire Android phone industry are just Chinese brands) is as close as it can get to zero. Especially Xiaomi. Their products suck. They look somewhat good on paper, but are even worse than that in real world and their meddling with MIUI versions being presented as "Android version" just makes everything even worse. Their updating promises are confusing and indecisive at best as well because of said MIUI verisons meddling.

I just can't go down with the idea of buying a phone that has good specs and just use it in all its outdated software glory like we used to. Especially not after using iPhone where updating is just on whole different level. Support for so long you don't even care anymore about it, no regional updates seeding nonsense, no delays, no segmentation. When update is out it's out for all models for entire world. I just can't praise that enough. Again, Samsung is the only one that's closest to this experience these days. But they totally stank up their products lineup on hardware side of things and especially for European customers. I guess they don't feel threatened by iPhone enough in Europe to give a damn and be competitive enough. They need to in USA, otherwise they'd lose their entire userbase to iPhone instantly imo.

Which iOS update did you really notice a huge difference with?

Gosh, dude. Chill.

Look at a samsung, google or Xiaomi software update.

Pixel 4a, updated to android 12... Looks totally different. Sure, it's not stable. But iOS 15 isn't either. Only the Pixel 6 is an atrocity, and chill out cuz it's their first attempt.

Samsung - 1-2, some 3 year old phones get the android 12, oneUI 4.1 update. Not huge, but atleast a bigger difference than most iOS devices. now, they give u 4 years of updates

Xiaomi - their latest flagships are getting u 4 years. Sure, the advertising is very bad, but the changes u'll see in android 16? Way more than an iPhone

This isn't an apples to apples comparison. Huge changes that actually make ur phone feel new every 2-3 years vs a few new features every 2-3 years. I'm saying 2-3 years, cuz that's when most of the major changes happen, android 8, android 10, android 12. Sure, apple gives software updates for longer, but do u really care abt them? not a lot is gonna change. Not all features  are gonna be supported. Barely any, actually. Can you have fun with ur phone after the software updates period is gone? on an Android, get  a 3rd party launcher, get some new icons, make it feel new... and ur pretty much done with any changes after ur unsopported on ur iPhone, and ur iPhone keeps getting less supported with time too.... cuz newer features dont get to u with time... Ik it's not Apple's mistake. that's just silicon

But clearly, Android is a whole different thing in updates. and What u do with ur phone after updates

5 hours ago, Somekindahoooman said:

Which iOS update did you really notice a huge difference with?

Gosh, dude. Chill.

I mean to pick one from each 15 brought in private relay which is very good, 14 got facebooks knickers in a twist with the tracking permissions, 13 was dark mode and 12 made older phones a hell of a lot faster.

Ya.... point... most of these things can be mimicked with the control users have in Android.

Without needing a software update, if ur phone is out of software updates, Android phones can get most features even after they run out of updates. Updates mean different things on Android and iOS. Not an apples to apples comparison.