Running a GPU AIO when you have a CPU AIO

rjtyler1

I have the following:

Intel i7-11700k

MSI z590 MEG Gaming Force Motherboard

Corsair H150i AIO

EVGA 3080TI FTW GPU that is currently Air cooled.

I want to vertically mount my card but as my case (Corsair 5000D Airflow) has a tempered glass front I have purchased an AIO from Alphacool to cool it. The reports and simplistic install looks to be very easy, and the fact that I do not need to bleed the AIO is also attractive. This is also my first attempt at such a Mod and I do not trust myself with a custom loop at this stage. (Only just got back into PC Building over the last year (so yes the cost of the GPU really hurt)

I was wondering how to power the GPU AIO Pump. That is the only thing that the documentation that I have accessed and the reports seem to overlook. I already have the CPU Pump occupied with the Corsair AIO and this is leaving me a little worried for when the Alphacool unit arrives tomorrow.

2 hours ago, rjtyler1 said:

I have the following:

Intel i7-11700k

MSI z590 MEG Gaming Force Motherboard

Corsair H150i AIO

EVGA 3080TI FTW GPU that is currently Air cooled.

I want to vertically mount my card but as my case (Corsair 5000D Airflow) has a tempered glass front I have purchased an AIO from Alphacool to cool it. The reports and simplistic install looks to be very easy, and the fact that I do not need to bleed the AIO is also attractive. This is also my first attempt at such a Mod and I do not trust myself with a custom loop at this stage. (Only just got back into PC Building over the last year (so yes the cost of the GPU really hurt)

I was wondering how to power the GPU AIO Pump. That is the only thing that the documentation that I have accessed and the reports seem to overlook. I already have the CPU Pump occupied with the Corsair AIO and this is leaving me a little worried for when the Alphacool unit arrives tomorrow.

well you need an mb pwm header that can fallow the gpu temps. some mb can do this some cant. also some have 2 pump headers some dont. i still dont see why the pump cant run at 100% all the time. i guess that's the different from an aio pump and a d5 pump.

i sapos you can by a vga gpu pwm cable and hook it to that. might even come with one

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links