How to make full use of 2.5gbE link controller

I have a 300mbps fiber lease line. I gets me up 250+ mbps on average, usually. My system uses MSI Z490-A pro motherboard which ships with 2.5gbE link controller. My modem supports dual channels and giga internet, uses CAT 5e cable. When using steam, i get up to 37MBps but speed test on chrome or when downloading off the chrome, i get up to 30-80 mbps (3-8 MBps). I presume it is a routing issue, my DNS is configured to auto. What can i do to make full use of it. 

14 minutes ago, MorbidScroll said:

When using steam, i get up to 37MBps but speed test on chrome or when downloading off the chrome, i get up to 30-80 mbps (3-8 MBps).

That is normal because you are limited by the speed on the other end so I don't see anything wrong here

16 minutes ago, MorbidScroll said:

my DNS is configured to auto

DNS is used to resolve domain names and doesn't affect download speeds

Failure is part of success. I may make mistakes, that's how we all learn.

Folding at Home

As @Sant_HHsaid above, the low 30-80mbps you're seeing when downloading in chrome is likely down to whatever server you're downloading whatever from. The 37MB/s you're getting on Steam is awesome considering it's approx 296mbps. 

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

@Sant_HH and @paddy-stone thank you for responding, as you both said it probably is on the server end, i agree, at least normally would have. I own a M1 air, and connected it as well to the same modem and another 5e cat cable, it peaked at 310mbps at the same time, and downloaded the same file on chrome with 24MBps (Approx). Both were performed in parallel. Which is exactly why i am asking for help.

Edit:- I set, green fibre - disabled, power saving mode - disabled, speed and duplex - 2.5 gbps full duplex, after some time i was able to see 300mbps on my desktop as well. Not sure how or what solved it to be honest, but it is working for now.