how do i determine ram timings for manual overclock?

i currently have 32gigs of teamgroup ddr4 3733Mhz gaming ram alongside my 3900X and my asus CH7 hero. im on bios version 4603 and this new bios cversion doesnt seem to like my ram running at 3733Mhz as i get qcode display errors if i set the ram any higher than 3600Mhz however my docp only has settings for 3733.

my question to you is if i manually wanna downclock my ram in the bios to 3600Mhz at say 1.4 volts. do i leave the dram timings at auto or how do i figure out the proper timings so my system is stable if i go into dram tming control in the bios its all set to auto but idk what settings to put or do i just leave it auto and hope the system boots and is stable

Enable XMP profile, manually change the DRAM speed to 3600 and leave timings at auto. RAM overclocking/timing is the most time consuming thing you can do as far as hardware tweaking goes. I am talking weeks of testing and unstable system during that period, if you still want to do it there is only one guide I can recommend.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@Levent if i anable xmp/docp it will only let me set the speed to 3733 i have to set it to manual to change the speed to 3600

2 minutes ago, dreamcast4599 said:

@Levent if i anable xmp/docp it will only let me set the speed to 3733 i have to set it to manual to change the speed to 3600

Then set it to 3600, set the voltage manually and leave timings auto. Alternative would be manually inputting all your timings from your XMP profile and setting your dram speed to 3600.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

@Levent what are the chances if i manually set my speed to 3600 with the timings from my xmp that my system will have issues?

1 minute ago, dreamcast4599 said:

@Levent what are the chances if i manually set my speed to 3600 with the timings from my xmp that my system will have issues?

Nobody can answer that. Especially with this little information.

16 minutes ago, Levent said:

RAM overclocking/timing is the most time consuming thing you can do as far as hardware tweaking goes. I am talking weeks of testing and unstable system during that period,

Holy crap I agree with this statement so much. It's literal weeks of testing, doesn't matter if it's DDR4, 3, or even 2. If you manage to one-shot your timings and not crash at all, that's not a victory: That's a minor miracle. I spent a month tuning DDR3 on my 790i FTW with my Core2X, a goddamn month. RAM is 100% situational, no one's settings will work for your system, every system is different whether it be 0.1 of a Volt or one little CAS setting.

If you do as advised earlier, set your speed manually to 3600 and set your timings to Auto then your board should be able to handle it and will adjust as it sees fit. It won't be optimized, and it may not run as "fast" as it could... but I mean unless you're benching to crush high scores, who cares? You're not gonna notice the (maybe) 1-3% in your average game of COD or Cyberpunk. 

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

You should be able to change your memory speed and fclk even though you have set XMP? I use my 3200C14 XMP profile to run at 2000. Its the only time I use it 😄

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X