Red dead 2 on ps5 is too blurry...

Gustavo Dutra
Go to solution Solved by Colty,

On the PS5, using back compatible mode, it will be using the PS4 Pro version. The PS4 Pro/PS5 game will render at a "checkerboard" 1920x2160. It's native 4k on Xbox One X/Series X. 

The game hasn't received a "next gen" update so that's just the state of the game at the moment. 

This article has extra info on the checkerboarding technique as well as a comparison between it on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-red-dead-redemption-2-face-off

It's worth noting that RDR2's temporal AA technique is also to blame for the poor visual presentation.

Is it just me or something feels off on the console version for this game ? Sure its not a remake for the ps5. But it looks quite blurry here.

Would it be because im on a 4k tv instead of a full hd ? Since the game only outputs full hd res on sony consoles...

On the PS5, using back compatible mode, it will be using the PS4 Pro version. The PS4 Pro/PS5 game will render at a "checkerboard" 1920x2160. It's native 4k on Xbox One X/Series X. 

The game hasn't received a "next gen" update so that's just the state of the game at the moment. 

This article has extra info on the checkerboarding technique as well as a comparison between it on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-red-dead-redemption-2-face-off

It's worth noting that RDR2's temporal AA technique is also to blame for the poor visual presentation.

I played it all the way through on my PS5+4k TV and it looked fantastic.