Upcoming Lg oled's vs Asus monitors 2022 lineup

Ayush008

Hello guys,

I hope you all are doing well...!!

Stay safe and healthy.

{Your opinion's are highly valuable for me}

As we all know that lg & asus are preparing for next generation displays (ces 2022 lineup).

Asus- pg48uq

Lg - C2 & G2 

If we talk in general both companies are quite well established and provide us best  flagship / signature models.

But.....the question is, if we talk about which one is the best in term's of display...then what will be your opinion..? 

My current display - lg nano cell 80 (50 inch). I can't take full advantage of my  current gpu rtx 3090 due to my low budget tv. So I was thinking to upgrade it...!!

Please feel free to share me your opinion 

Wait for reviews. Just like always. I cannot have a good opinion on a product that does not yet exist.

Why bother having to take full advantage of your lg tv? Besides a 3090 is not a 4k 120hz card anyway.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Wait for reviews. Just like always. I cannot have a good opinion on a product that does not yet exist.

Why bother having to take full advantage of your lg tv? Besides a 3090 is not a 4k 120hz card anyway.

Thnx @jaslion,

For sharing your feedback bdw, I didn't get your point regarding rtx 3090....?

If 3090 is not 4k 120hz gpu then I'm wondering  which gpu is capable of running games @ 4k 120hz....? 

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Moreover when I play games like sekiro on pc, i can see some  pixels tearing.

6 hours ago, Ayush008 said:

Hello guys,

I hope you all are doing well...!!

Stay safe and healthy.

{Your opinion's are highly valuable for me}

As we all know that lg & asus are preparing for next generation displays (ces 2022 lineup).

Asus- pg48uq

Lg - C2 & G2 

If we talk in general both companies are quite well established and provide us best  flagship / signature models.

But.....the question is, if we talk about which one is the best in term's of display...then what will be your opinion..? 

My current display - lg nano cell 80 (50 inch). I can't take full advantage of my  current gpu rtx 3090 due to my low budget tv. So I was thinking to upgrade it...!!

Please feel free to share me your opinion 

They use the same Lg panel, the 48" one.

The only differences will be:

The input options. HDMI 2.1 vs DP

The processor (LG will have the better processing for traditional TV use)

The price (Asus will likely be more expensive, cuz 'gaming')

In all honesty this years competition wont be rebrands of LGs 48" ..or maybe even 42" OLED Panel. But rather between Samsung QD-OLED that uses RGB subpixels vs LGs WRGB OLED.

1st competition will be LG 42" WRGB OLED vs the Alienware 34" RGB OLED (using Samsung panel)

The 34" 3440x1440 monitor has a frequency advantage of 144hz  up to 175hz.

Has the proper subpixel layout advantage

The price, its about $300 cheaper iirc

And for some people a size advantage.

However. we do already know that it has some 'missing' features we expected to be included.

namely it does NOT have BFI, and does NOT have DSC so it cant runt 10bit 175hz. It also has a traditional monitor finish 'semi gloss' which means it wont look as rich/contrasty as an LG OLED TV.

Also as has been mentioned, the 3090 cant run all modern games at high settings at 4k 120hz. The 3090 is to 4k 120hz as the 780 was to 4k 60hz. it 'could' do it in some scenarios in some games, but we didnt get 'stable' 4k 60hz until the 1080ti came along 2 generations later.

I suspect a similar situation with 4k 120hz. Even the 40 series with its hugely overhyped efficiency and performance boosts is unlikely to push current games that hover around 80fps at 4k, up to 120fps+, that would require the biggest leap in performance we have ever seen.

As such the 34" 3440 x 1440 144hz/175hz OLED monitor is generally a more reasonable resolution to aim for performance wise.

its just a shame it wasnt 38" ..i would have gone for it..alas im to used to a 42" 16:9 display to go down to a 34" 21:9 monitor.

image.png.84a4fcd3d0dd65627ab6dd9012b0af85.png

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

20 hours ago, Ayush008 said:

Moreover when I play games like sekiro on pc, i can see some  pixels tearing.

Tearing is because your framerate and tv refresh rate are mismatched. Limit it to 60hz.

9 hours ago, jaslion said:

Tearing is because your framerate and tv refresh rate are mismatched. Limit it to 60hz.

Thnx for your co-operation. Bdw do you have any idea or any intuition when they will release upcoming models...? And which one will you prefer- asus 48 pguq or lg C2 /G2.

14 minutes ago, Ayush008 said:

Thnx for your co-operation. Bdw do you have any idea or any intuition when they will release upcoming models...? And which one will you prefer- asus 48 pguq or lg C2 /G2.

No idea launch dates will be confirmed.

And as I said wait for reviews. I can't know which one would be better unless they have been tested. For all I know I can say Asus now but when it launches it's actually a big pile of crap.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

No idea launch dates will be confirmed.

And as I said wait for reviews. I can't know which one would be better unless they have been tested. For all I know I can say Asus now but when it launches it's actually a big pile of crap.

Oleds without any doubt perform much better but what really matters is life span. Oleds are quite complicated, when we use it as pc monitor due to burn-in n all. 

If we talk about asus, I haven't use it before but I have heard that their qualities are excellent.

3 minutes ago, Ayush008 said:

Oleds without any doubt perform much better but what really matters is life span. Oleds are quite complicated, when we use it as pc monitor due to burn-in n all. 

If we talk about asus, I haven't use it before but I have heard that their qualities are excellent.

I'm not talking about anything specifically here. All I'm saying is that preordering or buying a product that is yet to launch and has no reviews is a bad idea as there is no guarantee that it's going to be any good.

42 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I'm not talking about anything specifically here. All I'm saying is that preordering or buying a product that is yet to launch and has no reviews is a bad idea as there is no guarantee that it's going to be any good.

Just making assumptions 😬🤞