3 intake 3 exhaust thru AIO possible ?

Natsukashii

Hello guys I want to use this case, xigmatek aquarius plus but I'm trying to figure out where I would put stuff in it.

image.png.cb44eb03c5a341fe898025d54879da93.png

Right now I want to avoid fans on the bottom as I want to put decorative stuff there and I want to avoid a back fan as I plan to put a screen there

The cpu would be cooled by a 360 aio and there would be 3 side intakes fan.
CPU would be something in the order of a 12700k or similar amd 6gen cpu and the graphics card would be some sort of 4080 (yeah that's a long way out but that's my plan) or 3080

would this configuration of fan be enough or do I really need more exhaust/intake?

Seems fine to me. Air going in rising, out. Of course it would be a simpler air channel from the bottom but ultimately even without the back blocked, just fabless, the air will behave the same if a little jankier.

“Oh you always think you know something you little knit, go and do some thing productive for once” -my mum, just now

5 minutes ago, MrSmiles said:

Seems fine to me. Air going in rising, out. Of course it would be a simpler air channel from the bottom but ultimately even without the back blocked, just fabless, the air will behave the same if a little jankier.

thanks for the answer, I may or may not use a aio kit on the gpu that would put a 360 aio on the intake side, i'm wondering if air would be fresh enough for the cpu too that way ?

So, this case is the exact same design as the ever popular 011 series from Lian-Li, which came first I can't say but i'm willing to bet this one is lower quality than the 011. 

Either way, the biggest benefit, especially with a hot GPU is the bottom to top airflow design. Being able to force fresh air from the bottom straight into the GPU was hugely beneficial. 

Just understand that by forgoing that, you're choosing form over function and you know what to do when GPU temperatures suffer. 

7 minutes ago, Natsukashii said:

thanks for the answer, I may or may not use a aio kit on the gpu that would put a 360 aio on the intake side, i'm wondering if air would be fresh enough for the cpu too that way ?

I had my 2070s intake through a 360rad on the front and out my 3950x w 280rad on top. Did the job for me. Always factor in the ambient temps. Keep it in an airy, cool place and it should be fine. 

5 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

So, this case is the exact same design as the ever popular 011 series from Lian-Li, which came first I can't say but i'm willing to bet this one is lower quality than the 011. 

Either way, the biggest benefit, especially with a hot GPU is the bottom to top airflow design. Being able to force fresh air from the bottom straight into the GPU was hugely beneficial. 

Just understand that by forgoing that, you're choosing form over function and you know what to do when GPU temperatures suffer. 

yeah they copied the lian li design but I like this one more as both glass panels meet together, I was planning to get the mini lian li but it was too small for the decoration I plan to make on it.

so you think the gpu might not have enough airflow? if the gpu got an AIO too that would serve as an intake and the cpu an aio that would also serve as an exhaust, would this be fine? (talking about the nzxt gpu AIO conversion kit)

Just now, MrSmiles said:

I had my 2070s intake through a 360rad on the front and out my 3950x w 280rad on top. Did the job for me. Always factor in the ambient temps. Keep it in an airy, cool place and it should be fine. 

1 minute ago, MrSmiles said:

People might shoot me down for this... but having the rads closest to the outside is always going to be good for temps. So if you have the side rad behind the fans with them pulling air through it, could find some benefit by it not being in the case as such

Just now, MrSmiles said:

And I am using the same aio for my gpu, really does well!

1 minute ago, Natsukashii said:

so you think the gpu might not have enough airflow? if the gpu got an AIO too that would serve as an intake and the cpu an aio that would also serve as an exhaust, would this be fine? (talking about the nzxt gpu AIO conversion kit)

I couldn't say, just informing you of what could happen. 

Also note that the NZXT G12 kit works with only specific GPU's and none of them are 3000 series cards. 

3 minutes ago, MrSmiles said:

thanks that's perfectly what I wanted to know, this build is till a long way out but I feel this would be perfect for what I plan to do since the look is a huge factor in

Just now, Natsukashii said:

so you think the gpu might not have enough airflow?

well we dont know exactly how much airflow the 40 series gpu's are gonna need, but if the last three generations are any indication, it's likely going to need a hefty amount. 

A custom mounted 360 AIO to the GPU would solve this issue, but that's a lot of added work, likely voiding most GPU warranty's (expect maybe EVGA?) and at a greater risk of things going wrong in general. 

For reference, I've used the O11D in a similar configuration, but I had fans on the bottom. 

VideoCapture_20200803-212331.thumb.jpg.a8067b18378abd96825a36363e1a635e.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, GuiltySpark_ said:

I couldn't say, just informing you of what could happen. 

Also note that the NZXT G12 kit works with only specific GPU's and none of them are 3000 series cards. 

yeah I saw someone that did some modification for it to fit so it might be quite messy but I hope it would work with some modificaiton of the G12 (they had to pierce new holes in it as they weren't aligned)

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

well we dont know exactly how much airflow the 40 series gpu's are gonna need, but if the last three generations are any indication, it's likely going to need a hefty amount. 

A custom mounted 360 AIO to the GPU would solve this issue, but that's a lot of added work, likely voiding most GPU warranty's (expect maybe EVGA?) and at a greater risk of things going wrong in general. 

For reference, I've used the O11D in a similar configuration, but I had fans on the bottom. 

VideoCapture_20200803-212331.thumb.jpg.a8067b18378abd96825a36363e1a635e.jpg

yeah this looks like what I need, I could still try to get maybe one non rgb stealthy fan on the bottom but I need the two other slots on the bottom for decoration purpose

6 minutes ago, Natsukashii said:

thanks that's perfectly what I wanted to know, this build is till a long way out but I feel this would be perfect for what I plan to do since the look is a huge factor in

Hey, no problem!

I was working around the aesthetic for you.

Like @TVwazhere said, only do the gpu mod if you don’t mind voiding the warranty.

Sorry! I am a live once-cer and tend to forget these things!

But going back to ambient temps, I have messed around with cooling so much in weird and wonde... well, different ways, I find the biggest difference can be settling a pc in a good spot and letting the air run through for bit.

That apart from submerging it after a Vaseline paintjob.

2 minutes ago, MrSmiles said:

Hey, no problem!

I was working around the aesthetic for you.

Like @TVwazhere said, only do the gpu mod if you don’t mind voiding the warranty.

Sorry! I am a live once-cer and tend to forget these things!

But going back to ambient temps, I have messed around with cooling so much in weird and wonde... well, different ways, I find the biggest difference can be settling a pc in a good spot and letting the air run through for bit.

That apart from submerging it after a Vaseline paintjob.

haha well my pc isn't closed of at all , nothing around it for now so at least there's that lol but since it's pretty cold there I run my heater pretty strongly a good chunk of the year and the ambient temp might be close to 24°C but I think it would be fine as my current pc in games with the under literally under his butt (the heater is under the desk) would not go past 70°C on any component (i5 9600k, 2070, completely air cooled)

Sounds good!

I think people forget that a lot of components can run hotter than they think.

Not saying you shouldn’t try get the lowest temps you can out of your situation of course. That’s all part of the fun!

Just FYI the 2070s w 360rad intake would usually stop at 32degrees, max.. 35, which I saw once.

3950x idling at as low as 26 up to around 50-55 when putting some pressure on. Hard to put pressure on it tbf though.

16 hours ago, MrSmiles said:

Sounds good!

I think people forget that a lot of components can run hotter than they think.

Not saying you shouldn’t try get the lowest temps you can out of your situation of course. That’s all part of the fun!

Just FYI the 2070s w 360rad intake would usually stop at 32degrees, max.. 35, which I saw once.

3950x idling at as low as 26 up to around 50-55 when putting some pressure on. Hard to put pressure on it tbf though.

yeah you're right now to sell of my current stuff while they can still fetch some cash, I actually play a lot on my switch theses days so just using a small 100$ mini pc would be enough to get by for a few month while gathering each components one by one

I was playing through some old games and low res settings/res games for a bit recently when I was building a few pcs at once (again!) and only had a really old setup.

It’s fun. You forget old games you never finished and ones you enjoyed. I don’t have a console or handheld so it’s what I turn to.

You get that extra boost of happiness when you get your new setup then as well!

Good luck with everything. Make sure you put up pics!

8 hours ago, MrSmiles said:

I was playing through some old games and low res settings/res games for a bit recently when I was building a few pcs at once (again!) and only had a really old setup.

It’s fun. You forget old games you never finished and ones you enjoyed. I don’t have a console or handheld so it’s what I turn to.

You get that extra boost of happiness when you get your new setup then as well!

Good luck with everything. Make sure you put up pics!

haha yeah I plan to do some wierd stuff and if I get my way it should be pretty different to most gaming pc (it would involve some wood and lots of screens)