Hello,

I have this spec:

Ryzen 1600af 

RX550 will be upgraded probably with rx6600

Asus a320m-k

Crucial MX 500 - 500gb ssd

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 3200mhz

Arctic colling F12 PWM PST case fan

I am planning to add one NWMe Corsair MP510 or Samsung evo 500GB and later on better motherboard, Asus B450 TUF, then CPU.

I have cheap case but that will be upgraded with Deepcool Macube or Corsair 4000D depend on budget. I am planning to upgrade my PC slowly but first PSU , case and when prices are back to normal GPU too, other parts will be upgraded later on.

I can not decide from Corsair CXF RGB ''Bronze'' and Seasonic Core GC or GM ''Gold'' from 500 to 650 watts. Similar prices, maybe Seasonic litle cheaper in my country. There is Corsair CX non F series cheaper then F but those are in ''low priority''. Any suggestions? 

definitely sea sonic, rated B on power supply tier list, 500 watt is more than enough for an rx6600

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

17 minutes ago, MilanRS said:

Hello,

I have this spec:

Ryzen 1600af 

RX550 will be upgraded probably with rx6600

Asus a320m-k

Crucial MX 500 - 500gb ssd

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 3200mhz

Arctic colling F12 PWM PST case fan

I am planning to add one NWMe Corsair MP510 or Samsung evo 500GB and later on better motherboard, Asus B450 TUF, then CPU.

I have cheap case but that will be upgraded with Deepcool Macube or Corsair 4000D depend on budget. I am planning to upgrade my PC slowly but first PSU , case and when prices are back to normal GPU too, other parts will be upgraded later on.

I can not decide from Corsair CXF RGB ''Bronze'' and Seasonic Core GC or GM ''Gold'' from 500 to 650 watts. Similar prices, maybe Seasonic litle cheaper in my country. There is Corsair CX non F series cheaper then F but those are in ''low priority''. Any suggestions? 

If you can foot the bill, go for at least 650W. Power supplies outlive several generations of other components.

29 minutes ago, MilanRS said:

maybe Seasonic litle cheaper in my country.

What country? Do you have a link to a webshop?

Given the name and RS in his name he's from Serbia. This is price aggregator for Serbia. They don't have all the stores or another popular method of buying hardware but it is what it is.It's in Serbian but left column should be self explanatory. Also, 1eur is around 118rsd/din,

https://itsvet.com/napajanje-pda1-57.i

Seasonic Core GC

650 watts is around 80 euros,

500 watts around 60 - 70euros

Corsair CXF

650 watts around 80 euros

550 watts around 70 euros

Price can change but that is my price point, i will buy from europian uninon stores it is cheaper but price can vary. I will not buy in Serbia or i will find a good deal, from smaller retailers.

If i not buy in Serbia it is going to be harder for me to RMA product if its bad, that is why i am trying to choose best possible PSU for money i have. Some of reviews was bad for Seasonic S12III on Amazon and that was my first choice and after reading posts on this forum i decided to look for other people opinions with more experiance and not to go with S12III or other low tier Seasonic which can be found cheap for around 50 euros.

i have Corsair CXF 550 watts in store for around 70 euros at discount now but Seasonic Core is Gold 🙂

Thanks for replying.

31 minutes ago, MilanRS said:

Seasonic Core GC

650 watts is around 80 euros,

500 watts around 60 - 70euros

Corsair CXF

650 watts around 80 euros

550 watts around 70 euros

Price can change but that is my price point, i will buy from europian uninon stores it is cheaper but price can vary. I will not buy in Serbia or i will find a good deal, from smaller retailers.

If i not buy in Serbia it is going to be harder for me to RMA product if its bad, that is why i am trying to choose best possible PSU for money i have. Some of reviews was bad for Seasonic S12III on Amazon and that was my first choice and after reading posts on this forum i decided to look for other people opinions with more experiance and not to go with S12III or other low tier Seasonic which can be found cheap for around 50 euros.

i have Corsair CXF 550 watts in store for around 70 euros at discount now but Seasonic Core is Gold 🙂

Thanks for replying.

Uvek možeš da kupiš kod "Mađara". Nisam imao problema sa reklamacijama kod njih, Čekaćeš i kod njih i kod naših.

Sorry about Serbian language, some slang just does not translate.

1 minute ago, carnex said:

Uvek možeš da kupiš kod "Mađara". Nisam imao problema sa reklamacijama kod njih, Čekaćeš i kod njih i kod naših.

Sorry about Serbian language, some slang just does not translate.

To i radim 🙂 Kupicu na ''kupujemprodajem'' u Gigatronu ima Corsair CXF 550W po normalnoj ceni ali nisam imao iskustva sa reklamacijama kod ''Madjara'' a vec kupujem od njih. Kupio sam ram za jedno 4000 manje kod njih nego li u WinWin-u. Hvala na savetu.

20 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

S12III is junk

Corsair CX-F is better than Seasonic Core.

I really don't get the obsession with Corsair PSU's most people have here.  Especially since they don't even make their own.  Meaning they don't have 100% control of QC.  I'd much rather buy Seasonic who actually make their own. 

9 minutes ago, chocolatekarma said:

I'd much rather buy Seasonic who actually make their own. 

50% of the Seasonic line-up is outsourced!!!

4 minutes ago, chocolatekarma said:

I really don't get the obsession with Corsair PSU's most people have here.  Especially since they don't even make their own.  Meaning they don't have 100% control of QC.  I'd much rather buy Seasonic who actually make their own. 

If your only argument for choosing one PSU over another is that they "actually make their own", then you don't really have a good reason for choosing it. Even more so since Seasonic also outsources for their lower end PSUs.

:)

8 minutes ago, seon123 said:

If your only argument for choosing one PSU over another is that they "actually make their own", then you don't really have a good reason for choosing it. Even more so since Seasonic also outsources for their lower end PSUs.

Seasonic has 8-9 models in A tier.  More than enough selection for anyone.

Wait

ASUS A320M-K is 80RUAsus a320m-k Asus a320m-k EUR AMD A320 motherboard that supports Ryzen 5XXX CPUs? Now that's value! If only I have known the future when I was buying my computer in 2018.

8 hours ago, chocolatekarma said:

Meaning they don't have 100% control of QC.

Corsair in contrast with most other brands who outsource stuff actually does. They have people both in RnD, including JonnyGURU, creating specs for the OEM and evaluating platforms they get, and in the factory itself to oversee the manufacturing process. Some other brands like be quiet! and probably Silverstone to some degree do too. EVGA and Thermaltake don't. Seasonic doesn't seem to care too much about stuff they outsource either (looking at you S12III/A12), and even if B12/G12 (which they outsource too) isn't that bad as it looks, there are still zero reviews on it which says something about their confidence in it. So whether the brand outsources their products or not doesn't matter in the slightest, if anything, if you have your own QA/QC on top of what the OEM is doing that only makes things better, and if you manufacture your own stuff that doesn't mean that you necessarily have 100% control over it's QC if you didn't make sure to do so. So in the end it's about the quality of each separate product itself, not the brand name or whether it's outsourced or not.

7 hours ago, chocolatekarma said:

Seasonic has 8-9 models in A tier.  More than enough selection for anyone.

Sure, and Corsair PSUs there are better than Seasonic offerings, hell, even Seasonic-made EVGA G6 is better than expensive ass Prime TX.

Speaking of Corsair CX-F vs Seasonic Core, there are again, zero reviews on the latter in contrast with the former. Even if Core actually ends up being a better PSU, unless it's proven by reviews, i'd rather get a 'good enough' option which was well reviewed than to gamble on the most important part of the PC.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

Both Corsair CX Series CX550F RGB and ANTEC EA550G Pro 550W are available atm for ~60 eur. Corsair is Gold Tier B, Earthwatts Gold Pro is Blue Tier A. Antec is on a sale, so probably won't stay that price for long (also Antec is probably closer to 65 eur).

https://itsvet.com/napajanje_corsair_cx_series_cx550f_rgb_cp_9020216_eu-pdaa1-57.i?id=1864

3 hours ago, Dogzilla07 said:

Both Corsair CX Series CX550F RGB and ANTEC EA550G Pro 550W are available atm for ~60 eur. Corsair is Gold Tier B, Earthwatts Gold Pro is Blue Tier A. Antec is on a sale, so probably won't stay that price for long (also Antec is probably closer to 65 eur).

https://itsvet.com/napajanje_corsair_cx_series_cx550f_rgb_cp_9020216_eu-pdaa1-57.i?id=1864

Thank you. Its even cheaper from what i have found. Even at full price is cheaper. My salary pay check is next week so i will probably buy from this stores even at full price, its couple euros more expensive so no big deal. 

8 hours ago, Juular said:

Corsair in contrast with most other brands who outsource stuff actually does. They have people both in RnD, including JonnyGURU, creating specs for the OEM and evaluating platforms they get, and in the factory itself to oversee the manufacturing process. Some other brands like be quiet! and probably Silverstone to some degree do too. EVGA and Thermaltake don't. Seasonic doesn't seem to care too much about stuff they outsource either (looking at you S12III/A12), and even if B12/G12 (which they outsource too) isn't that bad as it looks, there are still zero reviews on it which says something about their confidence in it. So whether the brand outsources their products or not doesn't matter in the slightest, if anything, if you have your own QA/QC on top of what the OEM is doing that only makes things better, and if you manufacture your own stuff that doesn't mean that you necessarily have 100% control over it's QC if you didn't make sure to do so. So in the end it's about the quality of each separate product itself, not the brand name or whether it's outsourced or not.

Sure, and Corsair PSUs there are better than Seasonic offerings, hell, even Seasonic-made EVGA G6 is better than expensive ass Prime TX.

Speaking of Corsair CX-F vs Seasonic Core, there are again, zero reviews on the latter in contrast with the former. Even if Core actually ends up being a better PSU, unless it's proven by reviews, i'd rather get a 'good enough' option which was well reviewed than to gamble on the most important part of the PC.

I am working as a QC worker for company which produce electronic parts and i think that you have right. Only the best for your customers and customers also have theirs own QC check points.

9 hours ago, Juular said:

Seasonic core and Corsair CXF are in B-tier recommendations thats why i ask for both of them and other people experiances.

Where to look for reviewed PSU?

I am new to forum, sry if i ask stupid question.

Thanks for replies!

3 hours ago, MilanRS said:

Where to look for reviewed PSU?

Aris Mpitzopoulos reviews at Hardware Busters, Tom's Hardware, Techpowerup. Generally, if there's no review from him then that model is not a good buy. But there are some other worthy enough reviewers to point at least some picture in the absence of ones from Aris. They're all listed in teh spreadsheet for the PSU tier list.

23 hours ago, chocolatekarma said:

Meaning they don't have 100% control of QC.

LOL!  You have absolutely no clue how the sausage is made.  Go back to sleep.  😄

At least CWT, HEC, Enhance, Great Wall, etc. have their own PCBA manufacturing in house.  Smaller factories like Seasonic outsource the PCBA across half a dozen different suppliers before it even enters the Seasonic factory.  

4 hours ago, MilanRS said:

I am working as a QC worker for company which produce electronic parts and i think that you have right. Only the best for your customers and customers also have theirs own QC check points.

Good for you!

Yes.  We (Corsair) has an R&D team spread out across U.S., Taiwan and China, but also a "PE" (Product Engineering team) in China, Vietnam and Taiwan that are literally living in the factory dorms so they can do on site QC during production.  Anyone that says that a company doesn't have control of their own QC if they don't own the factory has no idea how manufacturing works.

It's actually not an uncommon practice either.  At least for most PSU brands.  Even a decade ago when I worked for Ultra, they had this one guy named John that would bring a Coleman cot with him to the factory during production runs and would do "Edison naps" (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/thomas-edisons-naps-inspire-a-way-to-spark-your-own-creativity/) so he could be present doing QC during all three shifts.

12 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

LOL!  You have absolutely no clue how the sausage is made.  Go back to sleep.  😄

At least CWT, HEC, Enhance, Great Wall, etc. have their own PCBA manufacturing in house.  Smaller factories like Seasonic outsource the PCBA across half a dozen different suppliers before it even enters the Seasonic factory.  

I respect your opinion, but the fact that you literally work for Corsair would clearly create a bias.  Whether you realize it or not.

On 3/10/2022 at 8:52 AM, chocolatekarma said:

I respect your opinion, but the fact that you literally work for Corsair would clearly create a bias.  Whether you realize it or not.

The guy who obviously have passion and can stand up for his work should have our respect. He could say Seasonic Core or Corsair CXF because i am sure that he know all the data in details but i am like more on side for Corsair because engineer of those power supplies can talk proudly of his work and that means a lot.

About this guy John... i have meet some people like him and they are like supersmart, they know everything, every single detail and there is a lot of details in QC inspection. Factory QC plus customer QC is actualy ''duo moderato QC'' 🙂

On 3/10/2022 at 12:52 PM, chocolatekarma said:

That could definitely be the case, but that doesn't make what he said invalid. Seasonic is a small OEM in comparison and they actually have less control over their production because they outsource more things what other OEMs don't. And Corsair doing their own layer of QA/QC on top, regardless of the OEM of their products means that they have more control over their products than brands that just use outsourced off-the-shelf solutions like Antec, EVGA, Phanteks etc. And the fact that despite Seasonic are always ready to throw some Prime Titaniums to random YT'ers for 'reviews', there are very few reviews on their budget offerings, not to mention proper ones - also still stands.