Nintendo Switch game recommendations.

atxcyclist

I just bought one and want to purchase some games. I play a lot of RPG and adventure games; Zelda, Skyrim, and the like, but would entertain really any recommendations as there is a huge library for this system. Bonus if it's system linked/online games as I have friends and family with Switch consoles as well.

Thanks in advance.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

20 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

but would entertain really any recommendations as there is a huge library for this system

If you havent got it yet consider Nintendo Switch Sports and Wii Fit Adventure. Pretty much the 2 games on the systems that excites me besides ported stuff from PC and other console.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

I've been playing Mario Kart and art of rally a lot. Play art of rally especially if you want an extremely challenging driving game. I'm also gonna get Cattails on Switch pretty soon. Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) on Switch is an annoying bugfest, just so you know. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

Shin Megami Tensei V looks amazing, will probably jump into that after I finish Elden Ring on PS5. Megaten games are peak turn based dungeon crawling. Triangle Strategy just came out and looks awesome. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is outstanding and Nintendo just showed off XC3 last Direct. Check reviews for those three and see if they interest you, though the IGN review of SMT V was annoying since the reviewer kept whining it wasn't Persona 5. 

On 3/5/2022 at 11:14 PM, atxcyclist said:

I just bought one and want to purchase some games. I play a lot of RPG and adventure games; Zelda, Skyrim, and the like, but would entertain really any recommendations as there is a huge library for this system. Bonus if it's system linked/online games as I have friends and family with Switch consoles as well.

Thanks in advance.

Here's some cheap ones that you shouldn't miss

Virtua Racing - arcade perfection for 8 bucks

Golf Story - a golf game RPG

Doom 64 - the best port on consoles at the time

Horizon Chase Turbo - almost as good as Virtua Racing

Steamworld Dig 2 - think DigDug on 11

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Nightslashers - a gem I'm sure you've never played

On 3/6/2022 at 1:35 AM, SorryClaire said:

If you havent got it yet consider Nintendo Switch Sports and Wii Fit Adventure. Pretty much the 2 games on the systems that excites me besides ported stuff from PC and other console.

I have played quite a lot of Wii Sports, so Sports is likely going on the list. One of the first things I downloaded was the SNES emulator, I've been wanting to play Earthbound again but it's nearly impossible to get an original SNES cart.

On 3/6/2022 at 10:12 AM, LloydLynx said:

I've been playing Mario Kart and art of rally a lot. Play art of rally especially if you want an extremely challenging driving game. I'm also gonna get Cattails on Switch pretty soon. Minecraft (Bedrock Edition) on Switch is an annoying bugfest, just so you know. 

Mario Kart is a must, I still have Mario Kart 64, but it's time for a fresh game. I was thinking about Minecraft, but maybe I'll avoid it...

On 3/6/2022 at 4:05 PM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Shin Megami Tensei V looks amazing, will probably jump into that after I finish Elden Ring on PS5. Megaten games are peak turn based dungeon crawling. Triangle Strategy just came out and looks awesome. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is outstanding and Nintendo just showed off XC3 last Direct. Check reviews for those three and see if they interest you, though the IGN review of SMT V was annoying since the reviewer kept whining it wasn't Persona 5. 

I'm not familiar with most of these, but I'll read about them a bit. I think I still have a copy of Xenosaga for the PS2 but haven't loaded that disc in many moons.

5 hours ago, ADarkBard said:

Here's some cheap ones that you shouldn't miss

Virtua Racing - arcade perfection for 8 bucks

Golf Story - a golf game RPG

Doom 64 - the best port on consoles at the time

Horizon Chase Turbo - almost as good as Virtua Racing

Steamworld Dig 2 - think DigDug on 11

Johnny Turbo's Arcade Nightslashers - a gem I'm sure you've never played

Going to read up on some of these, I think Doom 64 is on sale right now for just a few bucks, might just go ahead and pick that up.

Thanks for the input everyone! I dug up some GameStop gift cards and went a little bonkers the morning after I made this thread, couldn't help myself. I ended up with:

• Breath of the Wild
  • Super Mario 3D World/Bowser's Fury
  • Sonic Forces
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning
  • Everspace - Stellar Edition

GameStop had a buy 2 used under $20 and get one free, so the last two games were a bit of a chance. A family member told me Kingdoms of Amalur is good and I'd like it, so could be a good one. 

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

2 minutes ago, atxcyclist said:

I was thinking about Minecraft, but maybe I'll avoid it...

Great game, just get the Java Edition on PC if possible.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, if you into turn base strategy, the Disgaea series.  Great for on the go on the Switch.

Hollow Knight

Enter the Gungeon

++ for the Xenoblade series

Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Cave Story+

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (I highly enjoy this remaster of it)

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

• 3 weeks later...

Hobs, its an interesting indie game that's open world, I've been playing it though its story is a bit confusing, but its a fun puzzle style

Hades is a fun rouge like if you want to add one of those, dead cells is another great one too

Outerworlds also is on the switch, its fun but a bit slow I'd say, but its basically sci-fi fallout on switch

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Super Mario Odyssey

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

Skyrim is actually on the Switch too, so you can buy it and play from the beginning all over again. 🙂

Paper Mario: Origami King

Okami HD

Assassin's Creed: The Rebel Collection

Am I still to create the perfect system?! ~ Clu

Keep your expectations low, boy, and you will never be disappointed. ~ Kratos