15 foot HDMI 2.1 Cable

Go to solution Solved by dilpickle,
2 hours ago, PenguinMaster said:

@dilpickle @tikker

Thanks for the help. I will be going with conduit! The wires do not need to be in wall rated in that case since they are in conduit, as per code. Got any recommendations for NON in-wall HDMI cables?

I would still go with Zeskit. They were one of the first certified Ultra High Speed cables. I have 4 of them now and I've seen only positive user reports.

Hi all

My family is wiring our new house for TVs and in some spots we need a 15ft HDMI cable (the shortest length it can possibly be). I wanted to put in HDMI 2.1 cables because they are the latest and I know I am only getting one chance at wiring this house so I want to use the newest standard. Does anyone have any recommendations for a REAL HDMI 2.1 cable as a lot of the ones on Amazon are snake oil and don't actually meet the HDMI 2.1 standard. I know Linus did the HDMI cable test video but he didn't give model numbers for the cables and also I think I need "In wall" rated cables to pass inspection.

Thanks all

If you need me to follow up on something, please quote or tag me.

21 minutes ago, PenguinMaster said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a REAL HDMI 2.1 cable as a lot of the ones on Amazon are snake oil and don't actually meet the HDMI 2.1 standard.

Look for certified cables. There is no such thing as "HDMI 2.1 cables" officially. The version refers to the HDMI specification, which is at 2.1a now. What you thus want to look for are cables that meet your needs and bear the corresponding certification logo: https://www.hdmi.org/resource/cables (and maybe check some reviews to make sure that it's not a 99% similar counterfit logo).

If you want to be able to take full advantage of all of what are now HDMI 2.1a's features then you should look for "Ultra High Speed" certified cables: https://www.hdmi.org/spec21sub/ultrahighspeedcable

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

@dilpickle @tikker

Thanks for the help. I will be going with conduit! The wires do not need to be in wall rated in that case since they are in conduit, as per code. Got any recommendations for NON in-wall HDMI cables?

2 hours ago, PenguinMaster said:

@dilpickle @tikker

I would still go with Zeskit. They were one of the first certified Ultra High Speed cables. I have 4 of them now and I've seen only positive user reports.

Update: we went with conduit so we can change out the HDMI cables in the future if we had to. Also this means I don’t need “in-wall” rated cables anymore just regular HDMI cables 

will still be buying either HDMI 4k @120hz or 8k @60hz cables though