Windows 11 tanks NVME SSD performance. (again)

B740E6A3-FCE7-405F-8E36-3D7C1391921A.thumb.png.b63ae84a23d985fd8d1c57d6fe4f50ee.png

I have an ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro and i'm getting 2/3 of its performance on Windows 11 compared to Windows 10.

I already sent a feedback on feedback hub regarding this matter. I just want to share this so more people could be aware of the situation.

What kind of impact has this has on the experience? Curious if it's really hurting some bug file transfers too

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

What kind of impact has this has on the experience? Curious if it's really hurting some bug file transfers too

I actually felt it on my SATA SSD. When I was extracting files I felt that it's a bit slower and takes a bit longer to finish. After that gut feeling I tried doing a benchmark and was surprised that the numbers are low.

1 minute ago, takedadshiro said:

I actually felt it on my SATA SSD. When I was extracting files I felt that it's a bit slower and takes a bit longer to finish. After that gut feeling I tried doing a benchmark and was surprised that the numbers are low.

Considering it affected the experience that much, there must be some serious latency introduced.

Possibly a problem with chipset driver compatibility that needs to be patched?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Considering it affected the experience that much, there must be some serious latency introduced.

Possibly a problem with chipset driver compatibility that needs to be patched?

I'm not quite sure. Last time I did a benchmark of all of my drives it was fine.

(January 27, 2022)

021AC884-45A2-4E89-A683-6D9D26AE6088.thumb.png.5a6853a6c6076cb6317150501f13d0a6.png
middle one is the ADATA SX8200 Pro

Hm, mine are benching fine. Something may be wrong with your specific setup but I am not sure this is a universal Windows 11 issue. 

1 minute ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Hm, mine are benching fine. Something may be wrong with your specific setup but I am not sure this is a universal Windows 11 issue. 

I have all the latest drivers installed.

i'm also on version 22000.527

You are not alone with having this issue. I have seen at least a handful of other people reporting the same issue. 

Windows 11 have had various issues with SSDs. Make sure you have patch KB5008353 installed since that fixed most of them. 

Honestly, if I were you I'd just install windows 10 again and wait a year or so. Windows 11 is just not ready.