NEED VALUATION ON SERVERS

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

If you post the conents of that file here sure I can have a look.

2022-02-28.thumb.png.8aa352a5ea01cfb543643866ba74e192.png

There is not even close to enough info here to valuate these as well there is no spec information at all. Like a dl 180 g5 could be sold anywhere between 0 and 70$ max (it's ancient) depending on what is in it

But basically all the hp's are core 2 era systems so don't expect to get more than 100$ for any of these even when decked out to the max.

Sun sparc stuff no clue best to see ebay for that.

55 minutes ago, jaslion said:

There is not even close to enough info here to valuate these as well there is no spec information at all. Like a dl 180 g5 could be sold anywhere between 0 and 70$ max (it's ancient) depending on what is in it

But basically all the hp's are core 2 era systems so don't expect to get more than 100$ for any of these even when decked out to the max.

Sun sparc stuff no clue best to see ebay for that.

Thanks for your Help. This is unfortunately the only information I currently have. 

Those HPs are ancient, the G5s are Core 2s, the G3s are Pentium 4s. Not even homelabbers want that stuff, it's just not worth the electricity to run.

Ivy Bridge era servers (HP Gen8, Dell 12th gen) are dirt cheap now, and a pair of dual E5-2680 V2 servers can probably run rings around that entire pile of scrap metal. (And those are already a decade old!)

They're worth "here, you throw this away". They should have all been written off the books when they fully depreciated over a decade ago.

I'm not as sure about the Sun servers though. Check the sold listings on eBay. Fibre Channel drive shelves aren't worth al that much, but there must be some demand left for end-of-the-road SPARC stuff.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

24 minutes ago, sv3nm said:

Thanks for your Help. This is unfortunately the only information I currently have. 

Even from the info here lets just assume they are max specced.

Poliant g5's at best 100$ if lucky most likely 50 or less per piece IF you even can get rid of them

G3's basically garbage

G2's actual garbage

Sun stuff. Very mixed bag. It's very purpose built equipment but also not really sought after. So it can go for very little to just throw away.

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Poliant g5's at best 100$ if lucky most likely 50 or less per piece IF you even can get rid of them

G3's basically garbage

G2's actual garbage

$100 if you include free shipping, maybe.

Let me put it this way: they're not worth worrying about. A company would have to pay someone more to prep them for secondhand sale than they would bring in revenue. Scrap the whole lot of HPs and send the drives off to get mulched.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

anything hp proliant g7 or older is basicly worthless, in the sense that there's more of them available than there are people interested in them.

g8's is highly dependant on local supply & demand, anything newer should still hold value.

also, anything g5 or older is going to be worth more in scrap metal, than as an actual server.

i only now noticed you attached a screenshot in an edit...

here's a tip: pull the drives, pull any components you particularly fancy (fans, maybe the memory has some value, etc)

then load the rest of it on a pallet and send it to a recycler that pays by the kg, those old servers are heavy as hell, so that's an easy 50 bucks.. easier than trying to offload the servers for a value more than your own time.

-> Moved to Servers and NAS

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Also, please don't donate them to non profits. I hated that when I worked for 501c's. We would get donations of basically junk and it was insulting.