Use Phone Screen As PC's Screen

Muhlis

I own a decent laptop, which can run my desired games on 90-150 FPS but my laptop screen is 60 Hz. My phone has a 90 Hz screen, and my tablet (S7+ to be specific) has a 120 Hz screen. Is there any way I can connect my laptop to the phone/tablet and use them as my laptop screen, so I can play my games at higher refresh rates?

Not without a bunch of latency, as those devices don't have display input capabilities, only output.

You would need to use some kind of screensharing or remote desktop app to view your laptop's output on those devices.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Can you connect your phone/tablet to your laptop and use the 2nd display to do this? Yes, there are a couple apps that allow you to do exactly this (I forget the name of them off the top of my head, I just know they exist)

Will it be able to do it well? Debatable. It will likely end up with a ton of latency, and since most of the apps I'm aware of mainly do this for increasing screen real estate for doing work on the go, I don't even think they run at above 30Hz. 

I don't think wireless solutions is the way to go, no way they can support >60 FPS screen sharing. I'm an Anydesk user, and it only supports 60 FPS. But I should say it's a smooth experience.

Is it possible to do screen sharing over USB connection? I don't think so?

Just discovered this, this is interesting and should try...

image.png.28012d68fcf282341ed849c210b99964.png

try Splashtop Wired XDisplay, or maybe Duet

edit:

Though these things arent going to work for gaming, more just second screen use.

-> Moved to Displays

https://www.amyuni.com/en/desktop-editions/usb-mobile-monitor/learn-more

This works quite well, but it's unlikely to support high refresh rates. Anything that displays on a phone is going to need some form of encoding on the PC and decoding on the phone, introducing lag that would negate the advantage of the high frame rate in the first place.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2