Window size from 1080p to 1440p monitor

MajorFoley

Ok so i got my first 27inch 1440p monitor today and im using my 24in 1080p monitor as a secondary which i had to already sort out desktop icon issues but i was wondering if its possible to translate 1080p window sizes to 1440p. So for example a window has a size of 1257x686 (thank you winspy) on my 1080p and it looks smaller on my 1440p one but would there be an easy way to get "the same size" look on a 1440p monitor somehow?

Thats because Windows desktop is pixel based and not relative.
If you move a 400x400 pixel window from one monitor to another it will stay 400x400 pixels.

And because you monitors have different amount of pixels it will look different on either.

And no as of currently its not possible to have window size be relative. (At least not yet, or there is a 3rd party app i havent heard about).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

10 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

Thats because Windows desktop is pixel based and not relative.
If you move a 400x400 pixel window from one monitor to another it will stay 400x400 pixels.

And because you monitors have different amount of pixels it will look different on either.

And no as of currently its not possible to have window size be relative. (At least not yet, or there is a 3rd party app i havent heard about).

Damn that sucks. Gonna be hard trying to get it done just by eye lol. Guess its just gonna be whatever looks good i guess.

Try adjusting the scale in display settings. Set the 1440p monitor to 125% and the 1080p monitor to 100%. It won't be a perfect 1:1 fit, but it should be better than nothing. I think Windows might have a custom scale option, but not totally sure on that. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

20 hours ago, LloydLynx said:

Try adjusting the scale in display settings. Set the 1440p monitor to 125% and the 1080p monitor to 100%. It won't be a perfect 1:1 fit, but it should be better than nothing. I think Windows might have a custom scale option, but not totally sure on that. 

Already tried its not quire where i want it which is kind of why i wanted to know if there was a way to transform the value for 1440p without trying to do it by eye. even if its just like x times the number as an example could just use a calculator and do it that way.

According to this article you should be able to set a custom scaling factor as well.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-custom-display-scaling-setting-windows-10

Maybe that can help, just measure the size and then calculate the needed scaling fitting to your resolutions.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 7:02 PM, HanZie82 said:

According to this article you should be able to set a custom scaling factor as well.
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-custom-display-scaling-setting-windows-10

Maybe that can help, just measure the size and then calculate the needed scaling fitting to your resolutions.

That might work ill give it a shot. Thank you, sorry for the late reply.