Can I access programs from other HDs when dual booting?

flaxe

So let's say I have Hard Drive 1, Hard Drive 2, and Hard Drive 3. HD1 contains Windows 10 and some programs/files. HD2 only contains programs and files. HD3 Is completely blank. If I were to setup dual boot by installing windows 10 on HD3, will I still be able to access all my programs/files from HD1 and HD2 when I boot into the OS contained in HD3?

I'm thinking that it works like normal. Which is that you can access other accounts' files if you have administrative permissions. But I might be wrong on this.

44 minutes ago, flaxe said:

I'm thinking that it works like normal. Which is that you can access other accounts' files if you have administrative permissions. But I might be wrong on this.

You will be able to browse the files, as to whether you will be able to run the pro program depends on the program. Some need registry edits and those won't be on the current harddrive os install. 

And obviously, this will only work if the os can read the file system. So trying to boot windows and view a linux/apple/bsd system will be problematic. 

9 hours ago, Blue4130 said:
23 hours ago, flaxe said:

HD1 contains Windows 10 and some programs/files. If I were to setup dual boot by installing windows 10 on HD3

And obviously, this will only work if the os can read the file system. So trying to boot windows and view a linux/apple/bsd system will be problematic. 

Very informative. Thank you!