Prime number test 100C with i7 11700k and a mag coreliquid 240r cooler

franksinater

After 2 months of use my pc overheat while using intel diagnostic tool, all tests passed, but the temp reach 100C for a second, and after stay between 85/95 degrees, and i want to know if its normal or not, and if not what i can do about it, while gaming i've reached max 70/75 degrees

TESTRESULTS.TXT

Potentially normal for that high of a synthetic load but be aware of the failure rate of those MSI AIO's. Few times a week we get them here. They're garbage and you may want to think of a replacement before it does die.

Probably would be cooler with a good aircooler.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

100c is the thermal limit so you'll just see some throttling if it hits it. More a performance impact than anything else.

From the results it looks like the stress test uses AVX-512 which really pushes the power up, but also gets a LOT of work done.

If you're concerned you could set a power limit in bios, as most enthusiast boards allow it to run unlimited. Even with a power limit you may see cores throttle in lightly threaded uses.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

1 hour ago, rickeo said:

Potentially normal for that high of a synthetic load but be aware of the failure rate of those MSI AIO's. Few times a week we get them here. They're garbage and you may want to think of a replacement before it does die.

Indeed. Seems every time we get a post complaining about high temps nowadays, the OP has that AIO. Anecdotal evidence would suggest it sucks.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

-> Moved to Cooling

Please mind where you are posting. This thread has nothing to do with PC Games.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Oook, so i think this cooler will not have a long life, its my first time with liquid, next ill be more careful, thanks to all, and sorry, i'm new in this forum, i didn't see the category

I recently had to do some troubleshooting with regards to CPU coolers, so I can talk about this a little bit.

Have HW Monitor running while you run Prime95.

https://imgur.com/iMZUquj

Take a closer look at the utilization. Are all the cores running at 100%? If so, I expect the CPU to hit the Tjmax.

IF all the cores are not at 100%, then I do not expect the temperature to hit Tjmax, at which point, we have a problem.

I would check the mounting pressure for sure.

One more thing, 75c when playing games seems a little high to me, but I am not sure if its normal for 11th gen CPUs. My 12700k runs around 65c - 70c during gaming and video rendering.

https://imgur.com/CTG4Im6