Ultimate Hackintosh Workstation Build Guide

when i plug my usb in i just get Boot:error why?

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

have a question.

my sister has a brand new mac with osx

theres no way i could download it could i for this hackintosh

That's actually exactly how you download Mavericks.  You have to have a Mac to get it from.  Go to the app store.  It's free.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I want to try installing OS X on my PC. I'm not sure if my mobo is compatible with doing a Hackintosh yet, but I'll be checking.

Project Refresh - [900D x 780 Ti SLI x Watercooled]

Build Log

That's actually exactly how you download Mavericks.  You have to have a Mac to get it from.  Go to the app store.  It's free.

what's niresh?

If I had compatible hardware, could I install OSX on one hard drive and Windows on another, sharing the same CPU, GPU, mobo, etc, and duel boot?

Cooling Components

CPU Heatsink: Noctua NH-U14S

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1kGRIaV

Amazon: http://georiot.co/tK2

Didn't you use a NH-U12S?

Rig: AMD FX 8350, Asus Sabertooth 990fx, 16gb Corsair Vengence, Gigabyte R9 290 4GB, Noctua NH-12S, Samsung 840 Evo, WD 1TB Black, Corsair C70, Monitors: Samsung Syncmaster SA350, Acer 193w, Mouse: Cyborg RAT 5. Window 7 Pro

Laptop: Asus x75vd, Intel i5 3210M, 8gb RAM, Nvidia 610m 1gb, 750gb hdd

PS2, PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox360

so you can download it more than once?

DREAM BUILD

I7 4770k,Corsair 900D,Asus Maximus Formula VI,16 GB Corsair VENGEANCE,2 TB WD Black,780ti,Ax760I,Cooler Master Glacer

so you can download it more than once?

Correct.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Use a 8 GB flash drive. Remake the flash drive. 

im using a 32gb drive on usb 3.0 on my mac when i create the drive. ive re done it several times but the error still persists 

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

This video has made my Week! After many Failures in the last 6 months, this video Made me try once more to Hackintosh my PC - And I've finally done It! The video was so concise and so easy to follow - Thanks LTT Team!

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

This video has made my Week! After many Failures in the last 6 months, this video Made me try once more to Hackintosh my PC - And I've finally done It! The video was so concise and so easy to follow - Thanks LTT Team!

approx time to turn your PC into a working hackintosh (mac os x environment with working audio, wifi and bluetooh) ??

I need to know, I want to plan out a section of my week to do it.

approx time to turn your PC into a working hackintosh (mac os x environment with working audio, wifi and bluetooh) ??

I started trying in the afternoon on Thursday, and I had a working installation Friday afternoon, that includes downloading a Mac VMWare image to create the installation USB stick, then it took me an hour or so to troubleshoot boot tags (I followed slicks recommendations and added -f to ignore caches) and find the right ones for me, then when it came to the installation it was pretty easy from there:

I was very lucky in that I had inadvertaintly purchased a WIFI card that works without any extra tweaking - I had WIFI right from initial set up - but your mileage will probably vary in that department, I don't know how much extra time it would take to configure another card.

As for Bluetooth, there is no Bluetooth hardware in my PC - I'll check if my USB Bluetooth works later

I also have no sound at the moment - I have been trying to make sense of this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293001-mavericks-realtek-alc-applehda-audio/ to get the audio working, my codecs are in there, as is my motherboard and everything else, but I find that thread very confusing

Also, I inadvertaintly stopped windows from being able to boot by being naive enough to install on different partitions rather than drives - going moving windows to a new drive in the next couple of days.

Everything accept from audio is working like a Dream - I had a little past knowledge so that helped me speed things up a bit, setting out a time scale to do it in might be difficult because you never know how many hiccups you will encounter - Research is also Key

Hope this is helpful :P

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

I started trying in the afternoon on Thursday, and I had a working installation Friday afternoon, that includes downloading a Mac VMWare image to create the installation USB stick, then it took me an hour or so to troubleshoot boot tags (I followed slicks recommendations and added -f to ignore caches) and find the right ones for me, then when it came to the installation it was pretty easy from there:

I was very lucky in that I had inadvertaintly purchased a WIFI card that works without any extra tweaking - I had WIFI right from initial set up - but your mileage will probably vary in that department, I don't know how much extra time it would take to configure another card.

As for Bluetooth, there is no Bluetooth hardware in my PC - I'll check if my USB Bluetooth works later

I also have no sound at the moment - I have been trying to make sense of this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293001-mavericks-realtek-alc-applehda-audio/ to get the audio working, my codecs are in there, as is my motherboard and everything else, but I find that thread very confusing

Also, I inadvertaintly stopped windows from being able to boot by being naive enough to install on different partitions rather than drives - going moving windows to a new drive in the next couple of days.

Everything accept from audio is working like a Dream - I had a little past knowledge so that helped me speed things up a bit, setting out a time scale to do it in might be difficult because you never know how many hiccups you will encounter - Research is also Key

Hope this is helpful :P

So you didn't download Mavericks from the App Store from a Mac? Lol I downloaded it from an iStore... xD

Walked right in, plugged my USB in (it's really small and white), left it downloading in the background, came back the next day and it was there.

So you didn't download Mavericks from the App Store from a Mac? Lol I downloaded it from an iStore... xD

Walked right in, plugged my USB in (it's really small and white), left it downloading in the background, came back the next day and it was there.

I used a Virtual Mavericks to download the Mavericks install dmg and do all the Mac-side jobs for me, didn't even have to leave my Seat :P

I used a Virtual Mavericks to download the Mavericks install dmg and do all the Mac-side jobs for me, didn't even have to leave my Seat :P

how did you even get a virtual mavericks? im a noob sorry

how did you even get a virtual mavericks? im a noob sorry

I found a Pre-Made VMware file 'Somewhere Online' - and thats probably all I can say without breaking COC: but seeing as you got yours from the apple store already its not a problem :P

I have just managed to sort out Audio, so thats 2 Days and everything is completely sorted :D

im using a 32gb drive on usb 3.0 on my mac when i create the drive. ive re done it several times but the error still persists 

Again... use a 8 GB flash drive or partition it to 8 GB... 

Asus Rampage IV Extreme - GTX 780 - Intel Core I7 3970X @4.5GHz LGA 2011 - 64 GB DDR3 @2133 Corsair Vengeance Series - Mavericks
Hackintosh and DSDT Blog - Rampage Dev

Awesome video! been trying to get my 4930k work for the past month and its been driving me insane, however I'm still not booted (Ive just gotten farther than ever with this technique)

When I boot in verbose it gets all the way to "[10BluetoothHCIController][start] -- Completed" like in the video but then it says its missing! Then it says a bunch of stuff ending in "setWOW_PARAMETERS: wowevents = 2(1)....ATHR: unknown locale: 21" then sits on the wheel of death for about 10mins then quick black screen then shuts itself off....any ideas whats going on!?! I can post the exact verbose message if it helps

also my build is almost the same but I'm using a ASUS P9X79 mobo and a ASUS GTX 660 GPU (I'm using -v cpus=1 npci-0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No like suggested) 

Would this support mac os

• CPU
    I7-4770k
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Sniper 5
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengence pro 16gb 2133mhz
  • GPU
    Gtx 780ti windofrce OC
  • Case
    Corsair 750d
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 evo 500gb / Segate Barracuda 3tb
  • PSU
    Corsair rm850

Mouse: Razer Death Adder 2013 Keybaord: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013

Would this support mac os

• CPU
    I7-4770k
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Sniper 5
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengence pro 16gb 2133mhz
  • GPU
    Gtx 780ti windofrce OC
  • Case
    Corsair 750d
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 evo 500gb / Segate Barracuda 3tb
  • PSU
    Corsair rm850

You will have very likely troubles with the sound chip.

You will have very likely troubles with the sound chip.

Yeah, someone else told me, I guess, in a few years if I build again, Ill go for a dual boot.

Mouse: Razer Death Adder 2013 Keybaord: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013

• 2 weeks later...