Ultimate Hackintosh Workstation Build Guide

Will a R9 270 work in Mavericks as a HD 7870? Or will I have to set everything up using HD 4600 then plug the card in?

I am not really into hackintoshing (yet) but I was wondering what this DMG actally is...
I have an Asus P8P67 Rev 3.0 boad and I was wondering if I could install it the same way you did

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

You briefly mention that Quadros are good to go with this setup. My system will be similar to your example, other than the MB being an ASUS Sabretooth x79 (which looks to be supported over at rampagedev).

I've heard of a slew of issues getting the Quadro to work with hackintoshes, could you possibly elaborate on setting them up (graphicsEnabler YES or NO, if there are any specific kext modifications needed, etc...)

Bear with me - I've been running Macs for ages, the last PC I built was a Pentium 4, so I'm a bit rusty.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Specs - 

CPU: Intel i7-4930K 6-Core 3.4GHz BX80633I74930K

GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K4000 3GB GDDR5 (PNY Part #: VCQK4000-PB)

MB: ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

MEM: 4X Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB (32GB) DDR3 1866 MT/s (PC3-14900) CL9 @1.5V UDIMM

PSU: CORSAIR HX850 850W

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III MZ-7TE250BW

HDD: WD BLACK SERIES WD2003FZEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

• 2 weeks later...

I soo wish I'd seen this before I started on my hackintosh, would have saved me ~2 days worth of frustration-filled profanity.  :o

Are you threatening me?!

• 2 weeks later...

@Jbarone22 

When you install Mac with Unibeast or MyHack dont insert your card till after the installation. After restarting from the installation install multibeast with the right stuff selected for your config and also install your motherboard drivers. Dont restart yet and install these drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadro_fx_4800_for_mac_us.html

After this installs restart and insert your card back in your rig. Go to About This Mac and it should have your graphics card model. 

There is a thread about Quadro cards on TonyMacx86: 

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/108695-quadro-fx-4800-pc-hackintosh-compability.html

Oh and in the chameleon or chimera boot plist change the IGPEnabler=No to turn off integrated graphics so you can use your discrete. For graphicsenabler=no and graphicsenabler=yes just try out both. 

@Jbarone22 

When you install Mac with Unibeast or MyHack dont insert your card till after the installation. After restarting from the installation install multibeast with the right stuff selected for your config and also install your motherboard drivers. Dont restart yet and install these drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_quadro_fx_4800_for_mac_us.html

After this installs restart and insert your card back in your rig. Go to About This Mac and it should have your graphics card model. 

There is a thread about Quadro cards on TonyMacx86: 

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/108695-quadro-fx-4800-pc-hackintosh-compability.html

Oh and in the chameleon or chimera boot plist change the IGPEnabler=No to turn off integrated graphics so you can use your discrete. For graphicsenabler=no and graphicsenabler=yes just try out both. 

You could not be any more wrong then what you just said... 

Asus Rampage IV Extreme - GTX 780 - Intel Core I7 3970X @4.5GHz LGA 2011 - 64 GB DDR3 @2133 Corsair Vengeance Series - Mavericks
Hackintosh and DSDT Blog - Rampage Dev

Everyone should be sure to read up on the system updates before installing them. 10.9.3 broke my Hackintosh driver kexts for a good few weeks before I had the time to spend a few hours to fix it. 

• 2 months later...