WiFi in a house

WereCat

I'm moving soon and I'm looking for a WiFi solution for a house with an upper floor where the WiFi router will be located. 

Only my PC will be connected to it over LAN. 

All other devices will be connected over WiFi and mostly downstairs and they need just enough bandwidth to handle video streaming. 

I honestly don't want to spend much money... preferably within €100 but if it's absolutely necessary I can probably stretch the budget a bit more. 

I'm thinking that two cheaper routers in mesh should work if I put one of them downstairs. 

Not sure if I can get by with single one.

I also don't have any experience with WiFi extenders. 

(brick/concrete floor/walls). 

Any recommendations? 

Extenders are junk, as they will halve the bandwidth.  It really depends on floorplan, layout, internal wall composition, and a few other variables.  Lower frequencies will travel further but have less simultaneous throughput.  And 2.4 will often experience interference from many microwaves. 

2 hours ago, IPD said:

Extenders are junk, as they will halve the bandwidth.  It really depends on floorplan, layout, internal wall composition, and a few other variables.  Lower frequencies will travel further but have less simultaneous throughput.  And 2.4 will often experience interference from many microwaves. 

I know that 2.4 has better range at the cost of more interference, I have an ASUS dual band router (can't tell the model as I'm not at home) but it has both 5 and 2.4 range trough an entire apartment (it sits in my room at one side and has range to other side over 4 concrete walls). 

But it no longer receives updates and I'm also leaving it there since I plan to rent the apartment. 

I was hoping that I could get some better router with more range but I guess that is highly dependable on many factors which I can't count for right now until I move.