Chevy Bolt retuns?

ALPHAZULU307
9 hours ago, Action_Johnson said:

I thought the Volt was a terrific idea, but it was too soon to take off. 

Plug-in hybrids in general make perfect sense given today’s battery technology. Even if they only have 1/3 the battery capacity of a BEV, that’s still enough range for 90% of use cases. (And even when they’re running on gas, they’ll get 35 to 50 MPG.)

We could have had three times the number of cars primarily running on electricity, without adding any additional battery manufacturing capacity. They’d just haul around an engine as their “but sometimes”, instead of a bunch of batteries. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

8 hours ago, IPD said:

Ethanol is still the way to go.  But there's too many armchair QB's who think they know better--and disagree based off "Science" that isn't science at all.

Um no. 

I did E in my Focus ST, I'll NEVER do that again.

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

2 hours ago, Action_Johnson said:

Um no. 

I did E in my Focus ST, I'll NEVER do that again.

Thanks for proving my point.  Every yokel and their FF vehicle thinks they've "disproven" e85.

I'm not a car person, but i think this is super cool! I drive a Bolt (2017, i think, it was a hand me down) and i've heard of the recalls but it works fine for me, and has carplay so i like it. I hope it has a big battery, bc sometimes i find myself having range anxiety. But that kinda just comes with driving all electric, its a good and bad thing.

13 hours ago, IPD said:

Thanks for proving my point.  Every yokel and their FF vehicle thinks they've "disproven" e85.

Yeah, I don't know what happened. I had quite a few friends tune their cars with e85. I almost did, too, but at the time it was hard to find in my area. They all loved it. But sentiment has changed since I was doing such things. 

1 hour ago, ProbablyNotFidel said:

Yeah, I don't know what happened. I had quite a few friends tune their cars with e85. I almost did, too, but at the time it was hard to find in my area. They all loved it. But sentiment has changed since I was doing such things. 

It's still cheap race gas.  The issue is the supply is still lacking, as is information to the general public.  Of course, it would require the least amount of infrastructure changes to existing fuels stations to push more availability.  And forced induction vehicles (specifically turbocharged ones) are the easiest to adapt to e85, because boost can be directly controlled for (as opposed to compression ratio, which requires rebuilding the shortblock assembly).

And again, no undue strain on the power grind, no pollution to refine/obtain rare earth to create batteries, etc.

On 3/1/2022 at 6:23 PM, IPD said:

Electric will NEVER be as versatile as liquid fuel.  Ethanol is still the way to go.  But there's too many armchair QB's who think they know better--and disagree based off "Science" that isn't science at all.

Very true, but it's more about their wallets!