Windows 11 requires school or work Id to finish sign up

I just installed win 11 on my second hand laptop via usb. After setup it asks "sign in using your school or work Id" and there's no workaround I found for this. It doesn't ask for my Microsoft I'd....it asks for some organization id the company that had this laptop before owns....how do I sign in using the local account?

3 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Are you sure you didn't download the education version?

I downloaded the official iso from Microsoft's site! Didn't say anything like education version or anything 🤔

It happens if you install Windows 11 using a clean install.

I suggest that, if you still have the email, username and password used in that previous OS (before you installed Win11), use it re-install the previous Windows. And then use the Windows OS update option to Windows 11 from there.

8 minutes ago, Pixelfie said:

Are you sure you didn't download the education version?

It does not ask just for any work I'd...it asks for the specific I'd of a company named dxd technologies... probably some company that earlier owned this lap.....don't know why their organisation traces are still there

1 minute ago, Techhelpneededyo said:

It does not ask just for any work I'd...it asks for the specific I'd of a company named dxd technologies... probably some company that earlier owned this lap.....don't know why their organisation traces are still there

Yikes. Might need to wipe everything

2 minutes ago, Techhelpneededyo said:

If you have a Windows licensed product key, use it instead. But you have to do a clean install. Format your boot drive.

I don't fully understand Windows activation but I'd guess there might be some kind of key stored in bios keys pointing it towards the old company. Look around where secure boot is, and maybe try wiping it, at your own risk.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

9 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Yikes. Might need to wipe everything

Are you telling me to format the hard disk?

Or do u mean something else

Be sure that, during setup, you do NOT connect it to the internet until after account creation part. See if that helps.

39 minutes ago, Techhelpneededyo said:

I just installed win 11 on my second hand laptop via usb. After setup it asks "sign in using your school or work Id" and there's no workaround I found for this. It doesn't ask for my Microsoft I'd....it asks for some organization id the company that had this laptop before owns....how do I sign in using the local account?

Should try using LAN and then when it asks you to login to an account, unplug the LAN. then press the back button in the top left corner.

This way you can still make a local user (I always call it DATA, so the folder under users is called "DATA" and then later change the name in config panel.)

Have been doing this for years when setting up PC's and Laptop's for customers. Never failed for me.

You can find my Builds and Specs at: https://builds.gg/users/dutchemerald-64977

You said you installed via USB but also that you downloaded an ISO.

What you should have done was downloaded the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft for 11, had it create a USB stick. Boot from that then wipe the drive and install fresh. If at any point it asks you to pick a version, Win 11 Home or Pro, which ever you have a key for.