NFT seized by UK Government

AMDKilla

Summary

The UK equivalent to the IRS (HMRC) has seized an NFT in a potential £1.4m fraud case. Three people have been arrested under suspicion of creating 250 alleged fake companies in an attempt to defraud the UK tax authority of £1.4m

Quotes

HMRC said it had secured a court order to detain the seized crypto assets worth about £5,000 and three digital artwork NFTs, which have not been valued, while its investigation continues.

My thoughts

Looks like governments may decide that NFTs hold enough value to be classed as a taxable asset.

Sources

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60369879

1 minute ago, AMDKilla said:

and three digital artwork NFTs, which have not been valued

That's a funny way to say worthless.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

4 minutes ago, AMDKilla said:

NFTs hold enough value to be classed as a taxable asset

Thats naive, considering most high class expensive arts are meant to store value to evade taxes.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

5 hours ago, Arika S said:

Snip

747723655_Immagine2022-02-14092719.thumb.png.431a34fb2a98e6ad9ce8458f4d7a288a.png

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

4 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

747723655_Immagine2022-02-14092719.thumb.png.431a34fb2a98e6ad9ce8458f4d7a288a.png

Like as an artist myself I really like the fact that most of my commisions are from individuals or smaller companies where it is meant to mean something instead of hey can you create a tax evasion/money laundering soulless piece.

To be fair I have like 7 pieces where I am verrrrry skeptical about what happened with them or what they were used for but hey I got payed decently and all right for it were purchased so oh well.