I deleted my usb drives storage space.

ExploFI

I was trying to unformat and the reformat my usb drive, But i think i deleted too many things now it doesn't exist anymore. Diskpart says it's 0 bytes. Can i fix it somehow.

The first picture is from "this computer" and says movable drive.

The second picture is from "device manager" and says no media.

1313562.PNG

12231315.PNG

Odd- I haven't seen this exact one before. Are you able to format the drive again by right clicking it in Explorer > "Format"? That should fix it.

Just now, Revyn said:

Odd- I haven't seen this exact one before. Are you able to format the drive again by right clicking it in Explorer > "Format"? That should fix it.

If it doesn't detect media that won't do anything. 

Likely, your USB drive just broke after you deleted things (NAND or controller reached the end of its life) - I had that happen with an early SSD (from 2012 when they were still super unreliable) while I was transferring some files to it a few years ago

Just now, Revyn said:

That's what i tought to do first but it didn't work. I think it's beacause it thinks it has no space on it.

1 minute ago, Mel0nMan said:

If it doesn't detect media that won't do anything. 

Likely, your USB drive just broke after you deleted things (NAND or controller reached the end of its life) - I had that happen with an early SSD (from 2012 when they were still super unreliable) while I was transferring some files to it a few years ago

i mean that would make sense since it's from like 2002. But i still think the way i did it seem like it could break any drive, because i basicly went into device manager deleted the volume and then when it didn't allow me to format it from device manager i deleted the black space(see the random photo i just googled).

external-hard-drive-shows-in-device-manager-but-not-in-my-computer-1.png

4 minutes ago, ExploFI said:

That's what i tought to do first but it didn't work. I think it's beacause it thinks it has no space on it.

Could you clarify what exactly didn't work? Does the option not show up or does it error out? Or something else entirely?

1 minute ago, ExploFI said:

i mean that would make sense since it's from like 2002. But i still think the way i did it seem like it could break any drive, because i basicly went into device manager deleted the volume and then when it didn't allow me to format it from device manager i deleted the black space(see the random photo i just googled).

external-hard-drive-shows-in-device-manager-but-not-in-my-computer-1.png

And I think you mean Disk Management not Device Manager? Yes you can delete the blank partition. That blank partition is just the NAND because it doesn't come formatted in NTFS or FAT or whatever. You can't "break the drive" from there, just delete the partition, but you can always create a new one (but your data is gone)

5 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

And I think you mean Disk Management not Device Manager? Yes you can delete the blank partition. That blank partition is just the NAND because it doesn't come formatted in NTFS or FAT or whatever. You can't "break the drive" from there, just delete the partition, but you can always create a new one (but your data is gone)

How do i create a new one. I didn't luckily have any data on it.

6 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

Well if the whole thing says "no media" it's screwed but if it shows that black partition, right click it, Format

well it's screwed. Thanks for the help anyways. It says no media and windows says it can't format it.

12231315.PNG

your flash drive is busted, that's why it says 0 bytes. It has nothing to do with how many times you've format and unformat.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list