Fractal Design Torrent

Hi There

I'm looking at getting a Fractal Design Torrent case but cant seem to see any info on the motherboard sizes other then "Motherboard compatibility E-ATX / ATX / mATX / ITX / SSI-EEB / SSI-CEB" that they have listed on the website and manuals.

Does anyone have info at the real dimensions of motherboards it supports? An image with a guide showing different sized motherboards in the case would help too.

I have an "E-ATX" board and want to get some understanding how well it will fit and a guide to see if it will cover the cable management holes in the case.

Thanks for any help.

Gamers Nexus typically measures the max mobo size. I'd recommend to watch their review of the torrent.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Yeah i have they didn't seem to cover motherboard sizes other then saying it supports SSI-EEB and SSI-CEB and that would cover the cable holes.

Not must else unless i missed it.

Think i found enough shots in the Gamers Nexus and the BPS Customs video can judge my motherboard against the Asus board they used.

My boards only bigger by about 3cm (30mm) so it looks like it will cover about half the cable management hole. 

I can live with that. 

9 hours ago, joshfrog said:

E-ATX / ATX / mATX / ITX / SSI-EEB / SSI-CEB"

Ffor the record, E-ATX (in any/all of its forms) are as big as SSI-CEB, and smaller than SSI-EEB. So if you see SSI_EEB listed on something like the Enthoo 719, then you know it will fit an E-ATX case, despite the garbage interpretation of the different manufacturers. 

image.png.8388e5e9508a20f714a9a04c42106e98.png

The Fractal Torrent Compact specifically specifies the E-ATX use case as 267mm, which is essentially SSI-CEB. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Hi Josh
I've built a Torrent with a Giga Z690 Xtreme, and the mobo more or less blocks off all the pass-throughs, apart from where there is a cut-out for the 90 degree 24pin connector.
So, I imagine that you will have to run the cables "from above". I can upload some pictures, if you would like to see how i've done it.
t's running with a 420mm Arctic push/pull cooler in the front, and 3 additional 140's(2 bottom in, 1 rear out).

BR. DD