Need mechanical keyboard advice.

Go to solution Solved by Rovineplaya,

For anyone finding this post in the future: i ended up buying HyperX Alloy Origins. It has switches made by gateron (technically "better" than outemu or kailh), bright RGB, full metal body and a detachable cable. It is a little pricey though.

If you can i recommend buying something like Tecware Spectre Pro or Pulsar Lunar Alloy mainly for the hot swappable switches, plus they are cheaper. 

Hi and thank you for clicking on my post.

I am new to mechanical keyboards and i want to buy my first one.

My budget is 100$ max and i would like a full-size with rgb (i like the wave pattern) and red/linear switches.

So far i found Lenovo Legion K500 to be a decent option for 58$, MSI VIGOR GK50 for 79$ or a Redragon equivalent. (In EU)

I would really appreciate your input because i want gouge my eyes out from how many options there are.

12 minutes ago, Rovineplaya said:

Hi and thank you for clicking on my post.

I am new to mechanical keyboards and i want to buy my first one.

My budget is 100$ max and i would like a full-size with rgb (i like the wave pattern) and red/linear switches.

So far i found Lenovo Legion K500 to be a decent option for 58$, MSI VIGOR GK50 for 79$ or a Redragon equivalent. (In EU)

I would really appreciate your input because i want gouge my eyes out from how many options there are.

I have a Keychron K6. Its not a full sized but Keychron does sell full sized options. They can come with Gateron Switches which at least in my opinion are on par with Cherry. They come in Red, Blue and Brown. They offer RGB, as well as Hot Swappable switches. Some of the keyboards can do Optical switches (I have no experience with those). 

I myself have been impress with quality and feel of this keyboard. Its worlds above the Razer Blackwidow I purchased back in 2013. Also my keyboard at the time was $89. Which seems to be about what all of them cost. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

I would recommend going used for you. I'm finding Used Corsair K70's with exactly what you're looking for going on eBay for 1/2 to just under your budget, taxes and shipping included, on a fairly regular bases. Cherry MX mechanical switches will go for many years with even heavy use and I personally can vouch for their K95. Also, their support is solid in my experience.

22 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I have a Keychron K6. Its not a full sized but Keychron does sell full sized options. They can come with Gateron Switches which at least in my opinion are on par with Cherry. They come in Red, Blue and Brown. They offer RGB, as well as Hot Swappable switches. Some of the keyboards can do Optical switches (I have no experience with those). 

I myself have been impress with quality and feel of this keyboard. Its worlds above the Razer Blackwidow I purchased back in 2013. Also my keyboard at the time was $89. Which seems to be about what all of them cost. 

Cool keyboard. Too bad my country doesn't even exist in the not covered list.

29 minutes ago, Sirgeorge said:

I would recommend going used for you. I'm finding Used Corsair K70's with exactly what you're looking for going on eBay for 1/2 to just under your budget, taxes and shipping included, on a fairly regular bases. Cherry MX mechanical switches will go for many years with even heavy use and I personally can vouch for their K95. Also, their support is solid in my experience.

Interesting idea but my heart doesn't let me, considering how dirty my keyboard gets after only 1 week.

For anyone finding this post in the future: i ended up buying HyperX Alloy Origins. It has switches made by gateron (technically "better" than outemu or kailh), bright RGB, full metal body and a detachable cable. It is a little pricey though.

If you can i recommend buying something like Tecware Spectre Pro or Pulsar Lunar Alloy mainly for the hot swappable switches, plus they are cheaper.