is there A good cpu cooler for the Ryzen 5800X for under 55$ in sweden

Go to solution Solved by GuiltySpark_,
1 hour ago, NerdyGoose said:

right now thinking of buying a noctua NH-U12 redux

If that's the best you can do, do that. I do not think its good enough to fully give the 5800x the headroom it needs to utilize PBO but at the least, it should keep it from throttling at stock, assuming proper airflow. Its a high end chip and doesn't deserve a cheap, low end cooler. (Noctua's aren't cheap, however the U12 Redux isn't a higher end model)

hi, I'm looking to upgrade from my AMD Wraith to a better and quieter cooler, temps around 40 - 50 idle and 70 - 80 at slight load and at heavy load up to 90 degrees Celsius.

I want a cooler that doesn't sound like a rocket ship when I start up blender or davinci resolve.

I have looked at the scythe fuma 2 but it's at around 80 usd in Sweden

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

1 hour ago, NerdyGoose said:

If that's the best you can do, do that. I do not think its good enough to fully give the 5800x the headroom it needs to utilize PBO but at the least, it should keep it from throttling at stock, assuming proper airflow. Its a high end chip and doesn't deserve a cheap, low end cooler. (Noctua's aren't cheap, however the U12 Redux isn't a higher end model)

36 minutes ago, rickeo said:

I've decided to wait until I get my csn(money from school) to buy the noctua nh-d15S chromax because I don't really want to get into watercooling yet

Best bang for the buck cooler right now is Thermalright PA-120. It’s about 40 bucks and should hang with a D15 without a problem.

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

If you don't really need the boost from PBO just turn that off or down lower until you get a better cooler, you'll have an overall happier experience not listening to a fan scream away when you open Chrome with a bunch of tabs or other mundane tasks. AMD really scales power up very high for those last few mhz so just setting the peak clocks lower than 4.7ghz, say 4.3ghz would drop a fair bit of power/heat and not make a huge difference in overall performance until you get a better cooler.