Accidentally created MBR on external hard drive, unallocated entire partition

I put the files from the windows repair iso on my external hard drive, but when i rebooted the files from the iso are all that are left, and there is a fat32 mbr partition, and the rest of the drive has been unallocated.  I could have also done this accidentally with the mount command in the repair command prompt section?

Wondering if i can somehow easily repair the drive partition and get my data back

Recovery software seems to want to pull 8tb off the 4tb drive, which i do not have space for at the moment, so i'm also wondering if i can just change the headers and get the files back, somehow

2 minutes ago, weeblesEru said:

I put the files from the windows repair iso on my external hard drive, but when i rebooted the files from the iso are all that are left, and there is a fat32 mbr partition, and the rest of the drive has been unallocated.

What was your goal here; were you trying to make a Windows bootable USB? If so, whatever program you used should have warned you that that will format your drive, making some data inaccessible.

elephants

Grab Easus Partition Recovery, it should be easily able to restore the old partition. WARNING THOUGH, don't read or write anything to the drive, each access is a potentially lost block.

Remember, you don't want file recovery, you want partition recovery.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

What was your goal here; were you trying to make a Windows bootable USB? If so, whatever program you used should have warned you that that will format your drive, making some data inaccessible.

Yeah.  It seems like the files somehow did this themselves, i didn't even use them.  I just added them to the drive, then on system reboot the drive was fubar

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Grab Easus Partition Recovery, it should be easily able to restore the old partition. WARNING THOUGH, don't read or write anything to the drive, each access is a potentially lost block.

Remember, you don't want file recovery, you want partition recovery.

It separated the drive into at least two partitions, should i just run partition recovery on the larger chunk, then the mbr partition that was created?

I have EaseUS data recovery {which i've already scanned the drive with} - will that work, or do i need 'EaseUS Partition Recovery' specifically?  They have so many softwares that do similar things, i am a bit confused