Choosing 1tb msata for pfsense squid proxy

gjkrisa

Hi I just purchased Vnopn Fanless Mini PC For pfsense box intel n3700 with 8 gigs of ram. 
I want to be able to do large packet captures for when I get to that point of knowledge and as a squid proxy that is able to save all windows updates for a year to make the other 3 computers less of a hog when systems need updating. 

reason I’m asking here is there’s probably someone who knows of a good msata drive that’s not insane price only stuff I can find are brands I’ve never heard of and maybe someone knows a good way to get the sata port to work I have a hgst 1tb 2.5 from my old pfsense box but that motherboard stopped posting and is second one I have gone thru so I decided to take my chances on something newer with more support but even if I couldn’t tell what kind of storage options I had. 

so I really would like to have a 1tb internal drive my options on the board are a msata port and a sata port but no way of getting power without some rigging that I know of that don’t have to take up a USB port and cut hole in case 

yes windows update allows sharing its resources finally but I’m not sure how well that works I don’t own 2 of the laptops and the third is wife’s work laptop so who knows when that’s going on also. Although I have it set to at night when everyone should be sleeping. 

Amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09J4H9ZXY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_FAM5ACT9ZDMCJHMJZDNZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

88F34D26-1D7B-4E08-947B-51E1B9E4CE55.jpeg