Screwing in a fan from the top?

Zmeya

Hey,

I would like to mount two fans on the bottom of my case. The problem is, my case has two bottom panels. On the upper one (accessible from the inside of the case) are holes to mount two fans. But I just can't flip the case around and screw in fans from the underside, because there is secound panel below it, that I can't remove. So are there some kind of very long fan screws I can use to mount my fans from the top?

What case is it?

Hope my response helps 🙂 

GPU MSI Gaming Ventus OC RTX 2060 CPU Intel Core i5-12600k Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X Memory Crucial DDR5 4800 Storage Western Digital SN850 500gb | PSU Corsair RM650x (2018) | CPU cooler Corsair H150i Elite Capellix Monitor MSI  Mouse Logitech G305 White Keyboard Royal Kludge RK61 (Cherry MX Reds) | Headset Logitech G533 |

So in case my question wasn't clear. I would like to mount two fans on the bottom pannel as seen in the picture, but I can't flip the case around and screw them in the from the back. Normal fan screws are way too short to screw them in the other way. Are there special screws or other ways to mount them there? 

3 hours ago, Zmeya said:

So in case my question wasn't clear. I would like to mount two fans on the bottom pannel as seen in the picture, but I can't flip the case around and screw them in the from the back. Normal fan screws are way too short to screw them in the other way. Are there special screws or other ways to mount them there? 

There are some fans that come with plastic clips instead of screws. Those would work. Those holes are not intended to screw into but to screw through. There has to be a way to remove the bottom panel because if not that case is a huge f up.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

There should be a way to remove it. It might be a pain but should be doable.

You can try the rubber push through plugs for fans though. Noctua fans come with them, but you can buy any brand off of Amazon etc. You should be able to squish them through the hole then mount the fan.

Screenshot_20220204-092754_Firefox.jpg

6 minutes ago, Demonic Donut said:

There should be a way to remove it. It might be a pain but should be doable.

You can try the rubber push through plugs for fans though. Noctua fans come with them, but you can buy any brand off of Amazon etc. You should be able to squish them through the hole then mount the fan.

Screenshot_20220204-092754_Firefox.jpg

Yep, those were the ones I was talking about. BeQuiet gives you those with their mid to high end fans, my Noctua Industrial PPC did not come with them.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

17 hours ago, bowrilla said:

There are some fans that come with plastic clips instead of screws. Those would work. Those holes are not intended to screw into but to screw through. There has to be a way to remove the bottom panel because if not that case is a huge f up.

Maybe it's removable but there is no obvious way and every yt video I watched showcasing the dark pro 900 didn't show it eighter.