Smegmantas

Specs:

MB: H310M DS2

CPU: i3-8100

RAM: HyperX 16GB 2400MHz

GPU: GTX 1060 3GB Asus Dual OC

SSD: Apacer 340 120GB (boot drive)

HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM

The main gist of the problem is every time I bump my pc, it shuts off. My main idea is that my HDD is acting up. Need help with this ASAP.

2125240.1000000006_Screenshot_1.png

2114288.2900000005_Screenshot_7.png

4 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Is it possible to move the tower to a place out of the way where you won't bump it as often? 

Nope my desk is absolute garbage, legit no other place to put it

Instant shut-offs when you bump your computer definitely isn't a hard drive problem. I'd bet either the CPU has a bad connection with the socket, the GPU has a bad connection with its slot, the RAM has a bad connection with its slots, or a power cable is loose.

If you want to try to fix it, back up everything important, cross your fingers, and start reseating things, but with a computer so close to the edge that bumping it turns it off, there's a very real chance that messing with it permanently breaks whatever connection is barely holding itself together.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

1 hour ago, BobVonBob said:

Instant shut-offs when you bump your computer definitely isn't a hard drive problem. I'd bet either the CPU has a bad connection with the socket, the GPU has a bad connection with its slot, the RAM has a bad connection with its slots, or a power cable is loose.

If you want to try to fix it, back up everything important, cross your fingers, and start reseating things, but with a computer so close to the edge that bumping it turns it off, there's a very real chance that messing with it permanently breaks whatever connection is barely holding itself together.

Also another thing, when it shuts off, my fans continue spinning, I can hear everything going on, just no display output. Then I have to force a shutdown

1 hour ago, Smegmantas said:

Also another thing, when it shuts off, my fans continue spinning, I can hear everything going on, just no display output. Then I have to force a shutdown

That would indicate a GPU problem to me. Try pulling your GPU out and putting it back in again, and do the same with the GPU power connectors.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11