Can someone look over my pc before i buy it?

HawkyDragon

Budget (including currency): Around 1000 USD but can go higher

Parts Include: 

Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor

ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW X 240 Snow CPU Water Cooler

Gigabyte B460M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard

Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Crucial P5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Gigabyte Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB GAMING OC Video Card

Super Flower Leadex III Super Pro 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Lian Li ST120 69.17 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack

The case is: Deepcool MACUBE 110 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I was looking to be able to play Valorant and Overwatch on it

Other details: I'm looking for 1080p and a 165 hertz refresh rate since that is what my monitor can support. I also just want to know if there is anything that is unnecessary in the build.

Unless you have a reason you need to go 10th gen, don't. The i3 12100 is faster than the 10400 for less money and with a better upgrade path. You don't need a cooler for either of those phones, especially a 240mm AIO. The stock cooler is more than enough for both of those chips, and if you want something quieter, get a $20 tower cooler. 

The RAM is fine, though the price might not be great. I'd probably go for something faster unless you're planning on overclocking it.

You can probably get a better PSU for less, at least if the price I find is correct.

You don't need more fans for a system like this.

Unless you already have/really like the look of the Deepcool case, I wouldn't get it. It has pretty bad airflow, and the P300a is an amazing case for the same price. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/43Gscb

Now for the GPU. If you go for the 10400F, avoid the 6500XT at all costs. It has stuttering issues when using Gen 3 systems like the 10400. If you go for the 12100F, it's not something you need to avoid like the plague, but it's still not great. For the $400 you are under budget with the build I listed, you can afford a better GPU than the 6500XT. Either you can go for a 3050, which aren't really that hard to get for MSRP (I've already managed to get 2 for a couple friends), or if you don't want to wait, go for a used GTX 1070, it's about $400 on eBay and will perform a lot better than the 6500XT. 

8 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Unless you have a reason you need to go 10th gen, don't. The i3 12100 is faster than the 10400 for less money and with a better upgrade path. You don't need a cooler for either of those phones, especially a 240mm AIO. The stock cooler is more than enough for both of those chips, and if you want something quieter, get a $20 tower cooler. 

The RAM is fine, though the price might not be great. I'd probably go for something faster unless you're planning on overclocking it.

You can probably get a better PSU for less, at least if the price I find is correct.

You don't need more fans for a system like this.

Unless you already have/really like the look of the Deepcool case, I wouldn't get it. It has pretty bad airflow, and the P300a is an amazing case for the same price. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/43Gscb

Now for the GPU. If you go for the 10400F, avoid the 6500XT at all costs. It has stuttering issues when using Gen 3 systems like the 10400. If you go for the 12100F, it's not something you need to avoid like the plague, but it's still not great. For the $400 you are under budget with the build I listed, you can afford a better GPU than the 6500XT. Either you can go for a 3050, which aren't really that hard to get for MSRP (I've already managed to get 2 for a couple friends), or if you don't want to wait, go for a used GTX 1070, it's about $400 on eBay and will perform a lot better than the 6500XT. 

Does the P300a come in white by any chance?

1 minute ago, HawkyDragon said:

Does the P300a come in white by any chance?

it unfortunately does not. The P360A does for $10 more, though. It's the same case, just slightly larger.

if you can spend another $50:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($198.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Silicon Power 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($56.97 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($77.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 6600 8 GB MECH 2X Video Card  ($469.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($51.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA B5 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1045.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-02-02 10:58 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

34 minutes ago, HawkyDragon said:

Budget (including currency): Around 1000 USD but can go higher

Parts Include: 

Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor

ID-COOLING FROSTFLOW X 240 Snow CPU Water Cooler

Gigabyte B460M DS3H Micro ATX LGA1200 Motherboard

Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Crucial P5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Gigabyte Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB GAMING OC Video Card

Super Flower Leadex III Super Pro 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Lian Li ST120 69.17 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack

The case is: Deepcool MACUBE 110 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: I was looking to be able to play Valorant and Overwatch on it

Other details: I'm looking for 1080p and a 165 hertz refresh rate since that is what my monitor can support. I also just want to know if there is anything that is unnecessary in the build.

Don’t even DARE to buy an off-brand PSU. Your computer would explode just after 5 months and you won’t be happy. Use a budget EVGA PSU, and don’t go with the 6500XT, I’d go with a 1650/1660 if you’re going with that i5.

1 minute ago, LTTFan16538228 said:

Don’t even DARE to buy an off-brand PSU. Your computer would explode just after 5 months and you won’t be happy. Use a budget EVGA PSU, and don’t go with the 6500XT, I’d go with a 1650/1660 if you’re going with that i5.

K thanks, I have never done this before so thank you for the warning.

4 minutes ago, LTTFan16538228 said:

you're really calling superflower off-brand? then recommending another company that uses their PSUs in their high-end lineup instead?

1 minute ago, HawkyDragon said:

K thanks, I have never done this before so thank you for the warning.

ignore him, he has zero idea what he's talking about on PSUs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

I know SuperFlower PSU’s explode more often than EVGA PSU’s. And if I am right, most tech YouTubers recommend a PSU from a well known brand, and definitely NOT including SuperFlower. I’d prefer an Antec or FSP for a budget option. I use an EVGA 600 W2 PSU and

I chose EVGA as their PSU’s fit in my 230 dollar budget (not including GPU as I got mine from a friend)

40 minutes ago, LTTFan16538228 said:

I know SuperFlower PSU’s explode more often than EVGA PSU’s. And if I am right, most tech YouTubers recommend a PSU from a well known brand, and definitely NOT including SuperFlower. I’d prefer an Antec or FSP for a budget option. I use an EVGA 600 W2 PSU and

I chose EVGA as their PSU’s fit in my 230 dollar budget (not including GPU as I got mine from a friend)

SuperFlower is the OEM for EVGA PSUs. You don't know what you're talking about. They are like Seasonic, they make PSUs for everybody else. 

Besides, you need to care about the actual model of PSU, not just the manufacturer. Take Gigabyte for example, the GP750GM is known for exploding and being an all around terrible PSU, yet something like the Gigabyte AP750GM is actually a pretty good PSU (I still wouldn't buy it because of Gigabyte's RMA department, but still). You can't just say "Get an EVGA, it's great" because not everything they make will be great. That 600 W2 you recommended is actually a fairly bad PSU. It's not explode and destroy your GPU bad, but it's not far off. 

57 minutes ago, LTTFan16538228 said:

*laughs in ~11-13 year old 450w psu running my 4.4ghz e8400 & p5q with no hiccups nor explosions*

Off brand doesnt mean it explodes, the unbranded chinese ones do but not the regular off brand ones cause they are just cheap oem psus thatll do their job mostly without exploding, would you consider fsp psus as explosion hazards?

3 hours ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Silicon Power A60 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($77.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA B5 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ Amazon) 

What CPU cooler should I use if I need one?

1 hour ago, HawkyDragon said:

What CPU cooler should I use if I need one?

With the 12400, you don't need one, the stock cooler is fine. If you want it to be a bit quieter, get the Vetroo V5 or some other basic tower cooler for ~$20-30.

On 2/2/2022 at 10:58 AM, Herman Mcpootis said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Last question, do I need thermal paste for the cpu, or does it already come applied?

3 hours ago, HawkyDragon said:

Last question, do I need thermal paste for the cpu, or does it already come applied?

It comes with the stock cooler.

Hi. Newbie here with a slightly similar situation. Looking to get a steal of a buy and wanted to see if this is actually a good deal or a scam. Buying as an intro to gaming PC/project rig.

The only details I have are as listed from the add.

Mouse and keyboard included

-OS Windows 10

-150 g ssd 1 tb hard drive

-Intel core i3 6100 3.7 GHz

-MSI B150M Mortar Motherboard

-8gb hyperx ddr4

-Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

33 minutes ago, DiiRTY said:

Hi. Newbie here with a slightly similar situation. Looking to get a steal of a buy and wanted to see if this is actually a good deal or a scam. Buying as an intro to gaming PC/project rig.

The only details I have are as listed from the add.

Mouse and keyboard included

-OS Windows 10

-150 g ssd 1 tb hard drive

-Intel core i3 6100 3.7 GHz

-MSI B150M Mortar Motherboard

-8gb hyperx ddr4

-Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

make your own thread, don't hijack someone else's thread.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:13 PM, RONOTHAN## said:

SuperFlower is the OEM for EVGA PSUs. You don't know what you're talking about. They are like Seasonic, they make PSUs for everybody else. 

Besides, you need to care about the actual model of PSU, not just the manufacturer. Take Gigabyte for example, the GP750GM is known for exploding and being an all around terrible PSU, yet something like the Gigabyte AP750GM is actually a pretty good PSU (I still wouldn't buy it because of Gigabyte's RMA department, but still). You can't just say "Get an EVGA, it's great" because not everything they make will be great. That 600 W2 you recommended is actually a fairly bad PSU. It's not explode and destroy your GPU bad, but it's not far off. 

But hey, if it ain't exploding, then I don't mind.