Hey I have a problem with my username on YouTube!

sfjuocekr

According to your latest video (

I tried to comment this:

"So in other words, my username "sfjuocekr" (my first name + f word = SfJuOcEkR) is being banned for no reason?"

As expected it got DELETED immediately!

So what is going on, are you now just going on a full on war against criticism? Or just making assumptions based on somebodies name?

2 minutes ago, sfjuocekr said:

According to your latest video (

I tried to comment this:

"So in other words, my username "sfjuocekr" (my first name + f word = SfJuOcEkR) is being banned for no reason?"

As expected it got DELETED immediately!

So what is going on, are you now just going on a full on war against criticism? Or just making assumptions based on somebodies name?

You're just that 0, something % of false positives being flagged. Thats the limit of the program so nothing you can do about it.

I mean to me your name flat out looks like someone smashed their hands on their keyboard so it can be flagged as a botname as this is not a usual way of typing a username.

I'd say avoid names that contain the f word or can be interpreted as containing that word ... there's bots and people use names like "see me f.. at abc co" and stuff like that ...

I can tell you my eyes went directly to the f , u , c and then the ker and right away I'd said obviously why that's banned... didn't even read the text or explanation.   

1 hour ago, sfjuocekr said:

So what is going on, are you now just going on a full on war against criticism? Or just making assumptions based on somebodies name

Unbelievable that someone can link the video and still miss all the salient parts. Linus addressed the criticism that they're censoring or whatever. He addressed the problem with usernames. He even addressed that perfectly valid user names might be blocked simply for having emoji in them, let alone embedded curse words. He also addressed that the solution is not perfect.

However, dealing with bots and spam, especially for an organization LMG's size, is a monumental problem. Essentially, the tradeoff is that most of the garbage gets removed, and some people that have the F word in their username may get caught in the crossfire. That seems pretty reasonable to me, so I'd say your best bet is to use a different username. YouTube will not be last place that's going to hurt you.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse