Low GPU usage when gaming

I purchased a used cyberpower prebuilt with a i7 4790k, it surprisingly had 2 graphics cards; GeForce 1660 and a GeForce 1050ti. It has 2 sticks of 8g ddr3 ram as well. I've been noticing really poor performance when gaming. I decided to download nzxt's cam software to monitor the performance. And to my surprise no matter what game I'm playing im running at 90-100% cpu power and under 20% gpu power. I've checked all connections, and checked to make sure its only using the 1660 when I game. Theres no obscene amount of dust and fans are all working properly. Temps sit at a solid 60 degrees for both cpu and gpu. Still no idea whats giving me such horrible frame drops and all around bad performance.

is the 1660 in the top slot?

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

12 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

What settings are you running?

Resolution

Monitor refresh rate

What games does this happen in

Monitor refresh rate is 144. 1920×1080. The 2 games imparticular are warzone, and halo. Warzone im running at low settings, no shadows, low textures and seeing 50 fps. On halo its low settings and seeing mid 50 fps. Both games give me very bad fps drops to the point where its unplayable (down to 13 or so). Im worried my gpu isn't being used. On warzone just 30 minutes ago it was at 3% load. 

Edited by raybradshaw6596
Additional information

5 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Have you tried running HWinfo64 to monitor?

No how might I do this. In the command prompt?

57 minutes ago, raybradshaw6596 said:

No how might I do this. In the command prompt?

It's a program you download. Gives a ton of very useful information for diagnostics.

13 minutes ago, raybradshaw6596 said:

4.4ghz

Your CPU is being kneecapped by something, you might want to look into the RAM configuration, PSU wattage, especially with 2 cards. You also may be having issues with having 2 different cards, try running one of them at a time.