PC for 1080p/60 gaming

Ephoros_LV
Go to solution Solved by LauriHimself,
5 minutes ago, Ephoros_LV said:

Is there anything

for how much is the 12400f sold in Latvia?

would perform better than the 3600 and should be cheaper

and given that b660 boards are finally available mobo prices are decent too.

just make sure not to go below b660 if you want memory overclocking

also:

you won't need 32gb of ram for 1080p/60

are the crucial ballistix 2x8 @3200 or @3600 solt where you live? they are amazing price to performance wise

Budget (including currency): 1k EUR (approximately)

Country: Latvia (Eastern Europe, any big brand online retailers you can think of, won't ship here)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming rig. No streaming or VR.

Other details: Need to upgrade, and finally am able to afford something from this century. I have a 1080p/60Hz monitor with FreeSync support, so I would like to take advantage of that, if at all possible.

Not big into latest and greatest games, mostly some racing sims, Witcher 3, CS:GO, GTA, although I like to play around in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Currently looking at: pcpartspicker

Is there anything that absolutely must be upgraded, or something I don't need?

Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, Ephoros_LV said:

Is there anything

also:

are the crucial ballistix 2x8 @3200 or @3600 solt where you live? they are amazing price to performance wise

My Rig / Buildlogs:  ❄️ SNOWFLAKE ❄️ FROSTBITE ❄️

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600   Cooler: Corsair H115i Platinum   RAM: Corsair Vengence RGB Pro 16GB @3200   Mobo: Asus Prime X470 Pro

Graphics Card: Gigabyte Aorus 2080super Waterforce    Case: Corsair 500D   PSU: Corsair HX850i

Storage: 500GB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD, 2x 1TB SATA SSD

Displays: AOC CQ32G1 32" 2560x1440, Acer XB280HK 28.0" 3840x2160 60 Hz, Medion MD20850 24" 2560x1440

10 hours ago, LauriHimself said:

also:

12400f is going for 205 EUR, instead of 3600's 249.99 so 45 EUR of savings, although MOBO jumps up 30 EUR if I want to keep support for M.2

But better performance is always welcome, (but damn that stock intel cooler looks pathetic)

Ballistix 2x8 @3200 is going for about 90 EUR. 3600 is on "can be ordered, will receive sometime", and most of those retailers can be quite sketchy.

All in all this beat the price down to sub 600 EUR + GPU, and we all know about those... -_-

I would consider looking at prebuits. I have found that you can often find good deals on prebuilts around that price point. This is because those companies get their gpus at msrp making the cost to build much cheaper than what we would spend with gpu prices inflated. So even though they have a markup on the price it cost them to build it still ends up being the same if not cheaper than what it would cost us to build. 

10 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

I would consider looking at prebuits. I have found that you can often find good deals on prebuilts around that price point. This is because those companies get their gpus at msrp making the cost to build much cheaper than what we would spend with gpu prices inflated. So even though they have a markup on the price it cost them to build it still ends up being the same if not cheaper than what it would cost us to build. 

Yes, but not always. Over here prebuilts are thrown together by the same guys who then go scalp RTX's. Any big retailer in the US does not ship here.

I was quite excited when NZXT started their BLD thing, until I read that they will ship everywhere! Just not here.

45 minutes ago, Ephoros_LV said:

Yes, but not always. Over here prebuilts are thrown together by the same guys who then go scalp RTX's. Any big retailer in the US does not ship here.

I was quite excited when NZXT started their BLD thing, until I read that they will ship everywhere! Just not here.

I am pretty sure there are retailers in Europe that do prebuilts at decent prices I am just not sure where. I think it was Germany but not sure. Granted I don't know how shipping to your country is from places in Europe. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 11:54 PM, LauriHimself said:

also:

Thanks for your help!

IMG_20220221_162036.jpg