Delete All Files Downloaded Withing Certain Time Frame

theereal

Is it possible to have Windows 11 delete all the files on my computer that were downloaded within a certain time frame?

Ive downloaded some crap over the last 2 days and just want to revert, i however dont have a backup point.

5 minutes ago, theereal said:

Is it possible to have Windows 11 delete all the files on my computer that were downloaded within a certain time frame?

Ive downloaded some crap over the last 2 days and just want to revert, i however dont have a backup point.

https://www.computerhope.com/tips/tip202.htm

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Sort in descending order of time modified, and then selecting the first and last one(click the first one, then hold shift and click on the last one) you see modified in the two days, and then hit shift + delete(this will permanently delete the files) should work.

Spoiler

image.png.c11edae7d10d8ca25e3a3aceae2a8a09.png

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Total Commander  (a Windows Explorer alternative)  has a search function and you can search for any file in a folder created or last modified between two dates. or with any other particular properties (file size within some range, contains some specific words in the text, has some particular file extension etc)

The application can be downloaded from https://www.ghisler.com

Depends on what you mean by "downloaded". I assume you got some software that fell of the back of a truck and are now having problems.

In theory, you can use Everything to view all files on your system sort by creation date and nuke everything newer than 48 hrs. But I would expect that to break your Windows install completely.

If you're going to get applications from "unofficial" sources, you need to have a good backup strategy.