Building a new build with existing parts (Excludes GPU and CPU) Corsair Themed Build w/ Ryzen

MistahHaskins

Budget (including currency): $500 USD (Can go higher if need be by $150)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Battlefield, COD, Rainbow Six Siege

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

So the existing parts that I am going to be using is the Ryzen 5 5600x, 1650 Super, 16GB of DDR4 3200mhz RAM, SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD (So the GPU, CPU, RAM and Storage)

I am using an 1920 x 1080 144hz display, dual-monitor setup.

I was looking for a motherboard that has 5000 series support out of the box, I was also going to be using Corsairs' 4000D Airflow case and a three pack of their SP120 RGB fans to match the white case.

So I needed a cooler, prefer an air cooler. I was looking into something like the be quite! Dark Rock 4 or the Pro version if it fits in the case. If there is something better, I was also told the Noctua NH-U14S was also pretty good.

Mounting process that isn't going to be a pain would be lovely. Looking for something that will "hopefully" keep the 5600x out of the 75c or above range. If need be, recommend me different fans that work as good but they HAVE to be Corsair branded fans.

The 1650 Super was going to be traded out for a 3060 Ti in the future, so a power supply that will offer more headroom for maybe even up to a 3080 would be nice. I would like to stick with Corsair to match the entire build.

RGB is not needed, its not my main priority in this build.

Also was looking into possible storage upgrades, adding a 4TB hard drive and maybe a 2TB Sata SSD for games.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 BE  |  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC  | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200mhz  |  Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2  |  Storage:  WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD  |  Case:  Corsair 4000D Airflow  |  Power Supply: Corsair CX650w Bronze Series

So I'm a little confused, do you already own the CPU? If you do, why do you need a motherboard upgrade? For the most part even the more basic B450 boards will perform just as well as the top end B550/X570 boards. If you don't own the CPU, is there a particular reason why you want to go AMD? The 12400F outperforms it for $100 less. Unless you own the CPU and your motherboard just died, I wouldn't recommend getting a new B550 board.

Anyway, for everything else, here's the quick rundown:

1. Those are really expensive fans for what you get. Go for some Arctic P12 RGBs if you care about RGB, or P12 non-RGB if you don't. You can get a 5 pack of the non RGB fans for ~$40 and they'll perform better than the SP120s for Corsair. The case itself is fine, the fans are what I'm concerned about.
  2. For the cooler,  all of those coolers will be very overkill for a 5600x. The Arctic Freezer X34 would be more than enough for pretty cheap. If you want even more overkill, the Scythe Fuma 2 can be had for $60 and is not far behind the NH-D15. None of those coolers are especially difficult to mount, Noctua's mounting is better but not that much better. 
  3. for a 3060Ti, a good 650w unit is what you need. The RM650x is a good option, but last I checked it's actually cheaper to go with the RM750x so you might as well get the higher wattage version. If you wanna go 3080, go for the 850w variant of that PSU, but odds are you're not gonna be able to get one.
21 minutes ago, MistahHaskins said:

I would like to stick with Corsair to match the entire build.

RGB is not needed, its not my main priority in this build.

If you don't care that much about RGB, why are you trying to go for all Corsair products? Most of their stuff isn't really a good value, especially fans and RAM. Outside of their RGB ecosystem, there's not really a reason to go fully Corsair for everything. 

@RONOTHAN## i dont think he has a motherboard if im correct.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

3 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

So I'm a little confused, do you already own the CPU? If you do, why do you need a motherboard upgrade? For the most part even the more basic B450 boards will perform just as well as the top end B550/X570 boards. If you don't own the CPU, is there a particular reason why you want to go AMD? The 12400F outperforms it for $100 less. Unless you own the CPU and your motherboard just died, I wouldn't recommend getting a new B550 board.

Anyway, for everything else, here's the quick rundown:

1. Those are really expensive fans for what you get. Go for some Arctic P12 RGBs if you care about RGB, or P12 non-RGB if you don't. You can get a 5 pack of the non RGB fans for ~$40 and they'll perform better than the SP120s for Corsair. The case itself is fine, the fans are what I'm concerned about.
  2. For the cooler,  all of those coolers will be very overkill for a 5600x. The Arctic Freezer X34 would be more than enough for pretty cheap. If you want even more overkill, the Scythe Fuma 2 can be had for $60 and is not far behind the NH-D15. None of those coolers are especially difficult to mount, Noctua's mounting is better but not that much better. 
  3. for a 3060Ti, a good 650w unit is what you need. The RM650x is a good option, but last I checked it's actually cheaper to go with the RM750x so you might as well get the higher wattage version. If you wanna go 3080, go for the 850w variant of that PSU, but odds are you're not gonna be able to get one.

If you don't care that much about RGB, why are you trying to go for all Corsair products? Most of their stuff isn't really a good value, especially fans and RAM. Outside of their RGB ecosystem, there's not really a reason to go fully Corsair for everything. 

I have the CPU but a very cheap board, I was looking for something with more fan headers and M.2 slots.

I want a cooler that would easily handle the future, yes it may be overkill for the 5600x, but I want a future proof Air cooler at least for now. Not sure if the Fuma 2 fits in the 4000D.

Gaming Rig:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 BE  |  GPU: ZOTAC GeForce RTX 3060 Twin Edge OC  | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3200mhz  |  Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2  |  Storage:  WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD  |  Case:  Corsair 4000D Airflow  |  Power Supply: Corsair CX650w Bronze Series

1 minute ago, MistahHaskins said:

Not sure if the Fuma 2 fits in the 4000D.

If the NH-U14S will fit, the Fuma 2 will fit. The Fuma 2 is 155mm tall, and the 4000D fits up to 170mm tall coolers. 

4 minutes ago, MistahHaskins said:

I have the CPU but a very cheap board, I was looking for something with more fan headers and M.2 slots.

What board are you using? it's still not likely a new board would give an improvement, but knowing what you want an improvement of would be helpful.

23 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

If the NH-U14S will fit, the Fuma 2 will fit. The Fuma 2 is 155mm tall, and the 4000D fits up to 170mm tall coolers. 

What board are you using? it's still not likely a new board would give an improvement, but knowing what you want an improvement of would be helpful.

I'm using Gigabytes B450M DS3H V2

Gaming Rig:

8 minutes ago, MistahHaskins said:

I'm using Gigabytes B450M DS3H V2

I'd just invest in some fan splitters and/or a fan controller unless you absolutely need another M.2 slot. That board is more than enough for a 5600X, and if you already have it there's really not much point in getting something new. 

You'd be better off selling the board, CPU, and RAM together for ~$350-400 in 6-9 months once AM5 releases and get a 7600X and a midrange B650 board then rather than spend $150-200 on a better board today. That way you actually get a performance increase when you spend that $150-200.

If you're really determined to get a new motherboard, something like the ASRock B550 Steel Legend/PG Velocita and the B550 Tomahawk are good options depending on how much you wanna spend and what features you want. the ASRock board is great if you want a POST code (personally, a necessary feature on any motherboard I buy), and the MSI board are useful if you want BIOS flashback (in case the board for some reason doesn't come with 5000 series support out of the box). Neither of those boards are technically guaranteed to have support for Ryzen 5000 out of the box, but the odds of getting one that isn't are incredibly low unless you're buying used. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

yea not good value at all, though atleast the psus and cases they make are actually solid and i can def reccomend them depending on the price

rams wise those are a gamble since they can come with b die which makes them ultimate value rams ocing wise but then they can come with garbage hynixes that wont time tight which makes them ass sht 

fans just suck ass, no excuses can be made for those, esp with them being stupidly overpriced while being inferior to noctua and arctic fans, only perk is found on the most stupidly overpriced ll and ql which provide color zones for extra customization but lets be real here rgb is not gonna make you unique no matter the pattern

yea main reason to go full corsair is just some crummy lights that make your pc glow like a disco ball from 78, otherwise a waste of money if you are trying to be unique